Working aged leads

winchester49

Expert
I need some advice on working aged direct mail leads. I currently have 260 dm leads that have never been worked. They are anywhere from 8 to 10 months old. Due to some health issues I was not able to work them last year, but things are better now, so I’m getting back into the business. I have never door knocked before and because I live north, I was wondering if the cold weather would deter little old ladies from coming to the door and listen to your reason for being there. Or should I just call and try to make appointments. Any advice would be appreciated.

If I had 260 DM in inventory, I would try to get as much cream out of them as fast as possible. I would call and set appointments OR hire an appointment setter to call them. Get you 40-70 appointments and go write several applications. Then you can start door knocking through the rest of them or just use that money to buy fresh leads.

The leads would be ancient before you got through knocking 260 leads.

Cold weather has nothing to do with working. I have agents working in much colder areas and they have no problem getting people to the door. Any excuse you can think of, there are agents doing the exact thing you are thinking you cant. (This is not a shot at you, mostly just knowledge for anyone reading)

So to recap, get as many appointments as you can, make as many sales as you can, then decide how to use the money to turn it into MORE money...

If I had 260 DM in inventory, I would try to get as much cream out of them as fast as possible. I would call and set appointments OR hire an appointment setter to call them. Get you 40-70 appointments and go write several applications. Then you can start door knocking through the rest of them or just use that money to buy fresh leads.

The leads would be ancient before you got through knocking 260 leads.

Cold weather has nothing to do with working. I have agents working in much colder areas and they have no problem getting people to the door. Any excuse you can think of, there are agents doing the exact thing you are thinking you cant. (This is not a shot at you, mostly just knowledge for anyone reading)

So to recap, get as many appointments as you can, make as many sales as you can, then decide how to use the money to turn it into MORE money...

I agree 100%.

I need some advice on working aged direct mail leads. I currently have 260 dm leads that have never been worked. They are anywhere from 8 to 10 months old. Due to some health issues I was not able to work them last year, but things are better now, so I’m getting back into the business. I have never door knocked before and because I live north, I was wondering if the cold weather would deter little old ladies from coming to the door and listen to your reason for being there. Or should I just call and try to make appointments. Any advice would be appreciated.

The age of the leads often means nothing as they often don't remember sending the card in anyhow.. Another possibility is that they send in cards all the time, so they won't know the difference. I used to run aged leads all the time.

Last edited:
I was wondering if the cold weather would deter little old ladies from coming to the door and listen to your reason for being there.

"Hi Mildred, my name is Life Hawk and I'm talking to all the folks in your area about cancer, heart attacks and unexpected death... I'm trying to catch everyone for just a second or two, can I step in out of the cold for a second?..." head down move forward.

"Hi Mildred, my name is Life Hawk and I'm talking to all the folks in your area about cancer, heart attacks and unexpected death... I'm trying to catch everyone for just a second or two, can I step in out of the cold for a second?..." head down move forward.

"see frozen card? Let me in before frostbit. pls."
Could hit -60 wind chill, and agree with the others...winter is only hard on the agents.

Back