Working FEX Part Time

I really don’t think so. You just have to be willing to spend $12-$1500 a week.

I was moderately good at closing deals.

And it I didn’t hit that first year in the field doing that.

Year 1 was about $30k net, year 2 not much better. Then year 3 is when I started buying leads every week and had ole Michelle setting appointments for me. Remember her @Rearden lol.

That year it was around $75k net with $180k written.

Then it was the next year that all that Tran’s direct express as earned started stacking up.

Two years later, my wife is a SAHM and then I took the leap to start agency building. Relying on only my trans as earned to pay the bills. Plus what I had saved.

Agency took off. Lead biz took off. Then Covid hit us hard. That’s when we started Agent Autopilot.

Used the same process to scale that as well. Pay staff and VAs over $20,000 a month plus Facebook takes as much as $50k a month in ads pushing folks to our webinars.

Though we’ve slowed that up for the last few months as we’re about to launch our Voice AI.

Leveraging VAs, automation, and, now, AI to scale. All the while buying back my time.

I really don’t think so. You just have to be willing to spend $12-$1500 a week.

I was moderately good at closing deals.

And it I didn’t hit that first year in the field doing that.

Year 1 was about $30k net, year 2 not much better. Then year 3 is when I started buying leads every week and had ole Michelle setting appointments for me. Remember her @Rearden lol.

That year it was around $75k net with $180k written.

Then it was the next year that all that Tran’s direct express as earned started stacking up.

Two years later, my wife is a SAHM and then I took the leap to start agency building. Relying on only my trans as earned to pay the bills. Plus what I had saved.

Agency took off. Lead biz took off. Then Covid hit us hard. That’s when we started Agent Autopilot.

Used the same process to scale that as well. Pay staff and VAs over $20,000 a month plus Facebook takes as much as $50k a month in ads pushing folks to our webinars.

Though we’ve slowed that up for the last few months as we’re about to launch our Voice AI.

Leveraging VAs, automation, and, now, AI to scale. All the while buying back my time.
$12 a week? I think I can swing that!

Only 20% of those that start full time make it. Does that mean no one should try?
20% ? I’d say less than 10% of people that make it past 2 yrs . Of those 10% that make it . Less than 20% of those 10% NET $75 k . Probably 10% NET $125k . 5% NET $150 k . The last 5% NET $200k . So in the end I’d estimate 1% of all agents NET $200 k each and every yr . Huge different between net and gross . Rouse of course someone can make it part time . Thats like saying if 1000 people train for a marathon 2-3 might complete it . What Duford is saying is why waste your time with something that has a low probability of success as it takes up valuable time . You focus on higher probability outcomes . No different than why do agents walk away from chime and green dot cards . The probability of them keeping it are very very slim .

20% ? I’d say less than 10% of people that make it past 2 yrs . Of those 10% that make it . Less than 20% of those 10% NET $75 k . Probably 10% NET $125k . 5% NET $150 k . The last 5% NET $200k . So in the end I’d estimate 1% of all agents NET $200 k each and every yr . Huge different between net and gross . Rouse of course someone can make it part time . Thats like saying if 1000 people train for a marathon 2-3 might complete it . What Duford is saying is why waste your time with something that has a low probability of success as it takes up valuable time . You focus on higher probability outcomes . No different than why do agents walk away from chime and green dot cards . The probability of them keeping it are very very slim .
What David is addressing is the profitablity of spending resouses on a part time agent. Totally different from the question of a part time agent being able to succeed. There are some that tell agents there is almost no possibility of a part time agent being successful and that is just not true. Of course, that does depend on a person's deffinition of success. I have a friend who has been part time for over 20 years. He is a school teacher and is dedicated to teaching. He works more or less full time insurance in the summer months and two or three evenings when school is in session. He sells around $40k per year. I would consider that successful on a part time basis.

He sells around $40k per year. I would consider that successful on a part time basis.
Depends on his costs. Unless he's working by referral only and setting his own appts, he can't be netting anything close to $40k by writing that much. Maybe his renewals are just killing it, but I doubt that.

I'm researching IMO's and keep hearing that it's impossible to work Final Expense on a P/T basis. I find this hard to believe if you hv a reliable FB lead source and 100% plus comp, since you can usually find one or two deals per day and not take 12 hours to do so. Even if you're good, I realize some will slip off but why knock yourself out if you don't have to? Are IMO's saying this to recruit an army of tireless worker bees?
Wow! I just literally posted a testimonial of my story. You need to read it. Yes you are right, You can do this. By my experience it takes minimum of 15 to 20 hours a week to make things happen and be somewhat lucrative . I have an hour drive home and am making generally 2 to 3 phone calls on my way home from work. Clerical or research during my 40 minute lunch and another phone call during my 20 minute break. All this Monday through Friday. BAM!! Right there is generally 10 hours a week for me using idle time. The rest of the time is prospect/client interaction generally in the evening Tuesdays and Thursdays when I get home. It’s on the phone or go to face to face appointments. I also use a whole Saturday at least once a month. My average time now is generally 20 to 30 hours a week on top of my 40 hour a week regular job and again it’s all idle time that I’m using. I still have Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays free in the evening plus 3 weekends free. Now I do sometimes make an extra Saturday and I will also use some extra Saturday mornings if nothing is going on just to touch base with clients on my iniative.

Latest posts

Back