Working in the heat

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Last week it stayed around the 110° mark. Only 106 today. It's been like this for a month or more.

I am backing out of my driveway and almost hit some 30ish guy in business casual walking up to my drive. I roll down my window and he starts with a survey and tax deferred retirement stuff. It was already hot and I was meeting my brother for breakfast. So I explained I wasn't interested, he started talking faster. I rolled up my window and left.

Are you guys door knocking in this heat?

Last week it stayed around the 110° mark. Only 106 today. It's been like this for a month or more.

I am backing out of my driveway and almost hit some 30ish guy in business casual walking up to my drive. I roll down my window and he starts with a survey and tax deferred retirement stuff. It was already hot and I was meeting my brother for breakfast. So I explained I wasn't interested, he started talking faster. I rolled up my window and left.

A little. But I don’t knock door to door down a street anymore. I only cold knock doors when I’m working lapsed orphans. That’s just the short walk from my car to their door, so the heat isn’t as big a problem.

20 years ago I didn’t care what the thermometer said, I’d be out there burning shoe leather and putting callouses on my knuckles. I’m getting too old for that now.

We had some relief this week when a heavy rainstorm brought in some cooler air. Only been in the lower 90’s for the past few days. Triple digits will be back next week.

Highs in the 60s only about 3 hours south of you...

Oh so that was you? You big jerk... least you could have done was offer to take me out to breakfast with your brother. Man, what does a guy have to do to get a break around here?

And just so you know, on hot days I age the client 2 years. I use the extra to pay for my Penara sips club membership. :biggrin: ;)

Highs in the 60s only about 3 hours south of you...

Yup Yup Yup

My contractor just finished a couple of projects. Crazy amount of drywall dust everywhere. Cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. So, going to be heading West to the water then South for a week or two. Just north of where you were is Avila Beach, great place to chill.

Oh so that was you? You big jerk... least you could have done was offer to take me out to breakfast with your brother. Man, what does a guy have to do to get a break around here?

And just so you know, on hot days I age the client 2 years. I use the extra to pay for my Penara sips club membership. :biggrin: ;)

You would have walked away with a Million dollar permanent policy. 😁

If you have to eat, you have to eat. Maybe you should have offered to take him to breakfast.

I was nice to him.

But he needed to go find his yes for the day.

I have done my share of sweat running down my armpit days. Those were my fog a mirror FE days.

I had more luck getting in on rainy days though.
The scary part about all of this is that you have a brother.

That means that there's two of you running around.

Last edited:
Back