WOW! This is so cool.

You guys should try www.mozy.com You can backup 2 gb of docs and files for free, and never have to worry about losing stuff.

Have you personally used this site Sam? Looks very interesting, especially considering the fact that I lost all of my data 2 weeks ago because of a defective hard drive.

Yes, I use it and it has helped me tremendously, not because of a crash, but by enabling me to access some documents when I was on vacation.

Yes, I use it and it has helped me tremendously, not because of a crash, but by enabling me to access some documents when I was on vacation.

when I on vacation thats the last thing I want to access.......but I still feel burning it to disc is still the best.....

You can burn it to disc, and if your house burns down you're screwed. I load everything online. That way just in case of some massive tradegy like a house fire I don't lose anything.

I always do multiple backups. On vacation, I too don't like to do work. However, when there is an emergency, it really helps when you can access all those old applications and get the information you need.

I always do multiple backups. On vacation, I too don't like to do work. However, when there is an emergency, it really helps when you can access all those old applications and get the information you need.

Are you scanning documents and storing them online? If so, what program are you using. It takes FOREVER for my 2 year old printer/scanner/copier to scan anything and save the document.

Salpro,

If you go to his website and look around I believe that he said he was working on adding time and date to Stickit. His discussion board is quite interesting. He does this for a hobby. I can't imagine.

Why don't you just burn a CD of your data instead of scanning stuff. Didn't you say you were using ACT? Working in the senior market I have never found a reason for keeping and referring back to a copy of an app. All of the information I need is in my computer. If I ever need an app the insurance company assured me they would fax me one, or I can call and get any information I may have not noted.

John,

I have also been using weatherbug for about four years. I have read all the "bad" things about it also but it appears to have never caused a problem. I just bought and additional computer last week and actually found Stickit when looking for a new weather program. He has one of those as well.

I back everything up on a CD. I also have purchased a fire proof media safe. It is about the size of a briefcase only about twice as thick and weighs 32 lbs. It is suppose to protect even 3 1/2" floppies safe in the event of a fire. I also keep a CD off site of all my insurance and other important data.

We did have a fire several years ago and everything in the safe was secure. I'm very anal about my data. If I lose it I will have to go to Wal-mart and apply for a job as a greeter because I will be out of the insurance business as I know it.

Latest posts

Back