Writing term on parents

They're on the bench at this point. Underwriting is tight and with the recent ratings/comp issues, I only write them if I have to.
I'm with you Ray. I wrote a couple DI and term policies with them last year... but they give me such a fit EVERY TIME that I submit a case over the past few years, it just ain't worth the headache to me. They have a tendency to push through the big producers cases with almost no regard, and yet they hammer us little folks that sell one here and there.

You still doing DI with them at all?

I think the client should make the decision as far as what they want .. but I do give them information and ask questions when something does not make sense on the surface.
Just recently had a lead buying a 20 yr term on a parent in her late 50's, early 60's. (don't remember exactly).

toward the end of the consultation, I ask her why she was buying term. She told me they could pay for her final expenses if needed but they have young children right now, and would rather not have to fork out $20k or so but in 20 years or so, when the children are gone, they would be better equipped for a $20k spend.

Back