X-dates for Homeowners leads

As a pretty adept software person, I built my own to do this. It was basically a macro that read the spreadsheet, put it through the rater, read the rates out of the rater, printed the quote.

Yes, I took the envelopes to the post office.

Dan

P.S. Haven't done these in a while. To many foreclosures going on.

What I meant was did you manually stuff the envelopes etcor did you have some automated or quicker way of doing that?

Thx. I'd like to give it a shot but ur right about the foreclosures - especially in my area.

You can actually get around them (somewhat) by running your list through the national change of address before you create the quotes. People who have left their home probably submitted a change of address form, and you'll know when they have a change of address you can skip the quote.

Doing this also allows you to have the standard (used to be called bulk) mail rates without having to say "Current Occupant" on the envelope. Plus, it actually saved me money.

I used listcleanup.com to do the NCOA verification. Cheapest I found if I let them take their time to do the verification.

Dan

DJS,

Thank you for the tips you have given. I have been mailing about 1500 a month based on the county data and getting about .08% call back. However, like you we are closing almost 100%. I'm in the Oklahoma area so would you mind emailing or sharing with me what your piece looks like?

Thank you,
Trent

I actually use Cole Xdates and the have worked very well. I hired a virtual assistant whom I pay $5.00 an hour to call them. I get a pretty good rate of return. I think the issue as with anything else is direct mail will never give you the rate of return as direct contact. Just my 2 cents.:nah:

Back