Yet Another Lead Company Waste of Money

Some valid points.

If someone really did find the Holy Grail of lead companies every agent would sign up, demand would go through the ceiling, the lead company would scramble to meet the demand, quality would go under the carpet, lead source now sucks.

And therein lies, ladies and gentlemen, the crux of the matter. Well said healthagent

Ladies and gentlemen, our search for leads is that "Bridge to Nowhere" that we hear so much about.

On another post, Dorothy of Kansas said, "The Land Of LeadZ just can't be make believe, Aunty Em, gosh, it just can't be."

I have lately been thinking about starting some sort of marketing program for insurance agents. Well, other companies could use it as well. Real estate, delivery co's, local garage, etc. Like B to B flier distribution/web/snail mail -all in one. { this is not a spam advertisement for my future company which does not yet exist.}

The reason for this is: I've been reading a lot on here how everybody hates to market but loves to close. I hate { hate is such a strong word, how about I get irritated trying to sell and close?} to close and sell but love to market.

Anyways, it is a thought I had. Everybody seems to be too busy to market, but yet they need the marketing, so they pay someone to do it.

Anyways, it is a thought I had. Everybody seems to be too busy to market, but yet they need the marketing, so they pay someone to do it.

I highly doubt people are too busy to market. If they were to busy then why would they want more marketing. People are just too lazy to do their own marketing.

We have 8 hours in a day. Unless all 8 are clogged with calling leads, selling or customer service you have time to market.

That being said, if you're hitting your financial goals working 15 hours a week just off buying leads that's fine too. But don't bust on the rest of us who don't strive for mediocrity.

The best way to build the skill set is to suck it up, find a list, and start callin' it!

At the very least, you'll get reps on talking with people.

No truer words have been spoken. I will not get on my soapbox about buying leads, other than to say, cold calling, developing my own lists, and taking stock every day, was the best way to determine where my "niche" was.

Had I bought leads, which would have yielded poorer results, including to my wallet, I would have been working for someone else now.

You need to make your own calls in the beginning. That will let you know how you sound, who your natural market may be, and what products people/companies REALLY want.

Listen, and ye shall learn.

Back