Your Internet Fax Service

Crabcake Johnny said:
I'm surprised anyone is faxing anything. Maybe I send/receive 2 faxes a year. It's all done by email.

Most of my carriers only allow email through a secured email system PITA.

I know life is still back in the 70's but when I wrote, all health carriers offered complete online apps. No need to fax or email anything.

I have about 3 companies that only allow enrollment by fax.

I was ready to sign up with efax.com but it's $16.95. Seems a little steep. I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up with extremefax.com, it's $6.67/month

I work out of my home and simply have a second phone line hooked up to a HP All-In-One machine.

I reckon the second line costs me maybe 15 bucks a month. (this is a residential listing)

Does this setup make me a hopeless dinosaur? Could I do better?

p.s. please don't laugh at me, I'm a little sensitive this a.m.

:)

I know life is still back in the 70's but when I wrote, all health carriers offered complete online apps. No need to fax or email anything.

Many carrier now have an e-app through Ipipeline... I have used them a couple of times and in the end have wished I wrote the app on paper. If I meet with someone at thier job and they don't remember thier medications I can not get the app signed on the e-app until everything is in good order. Now if I write the app on paper you can bet I get the signatures, check whatever is needed and call them that evening for the missing items so much easier.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I work out of my home and simply have a second phone line hooked up to a HP All-In-One machine.

I reckon the second line costs me maybe 15 bucks a month. (this is a residential listing)

Does this setup make me a hopeless dinosaur? Could I do better?

p.s. please don't laugh at me, I'm a little sensitive this a.m.

:)

Nothing wrong with that option at all...The main thing is does it work for you?

I have clients that I still visit with 2 1/2 hours from my home with gas prices the way they are I will sometimes spend an evening and make it two days back to back. What I love about Ring Central is I don't worry about faxes sitting back in my office they come to my email and as long as I bring a head set for my laptop I have all the functions of my office phone system including the caller id showing my office number. Some of the other features of Ringcentral I like are if a call comes through their service even if it gets transferred to my cell phone I can hit *9 and record the call, very helpful if I can't write something down or what I use it for is if the client gives me instructions to do something. I can download that voice recording and attach it to theirr electronic file.

The other issue for me is I plan on moving at some point with Ring Central it does not matter what area code or exchange I am located in just that I have internet access.

Last edited:
senior-advisor-indiana said:
I use a regular ol fax machine because I still don't see the benefit of an efax service...

It depends on your needs. I love mine because a lot of what I do to service client withdrawals now require a voucher from the tpa. When I get a fax even on the road I know about it and can view the fax on Ringcentrals Android app. If its the voucher I am waiting on and I have prepared the other forms I can combine that voucher with the surrender forms and fax to the carrier all while out in the field.

Now I could just wait till I get back in the evening and then do this but its just 1 way I can cut processing time down on my clients being able to access their money.

I signed up with extremefax.com for $7.99 compared to Ring Central's fax which is $9.99. After I finished setting up the account, it says if I want to make a fax, to email the phone number followed by @rcfax.com. Weird, what is RCFAX?

I then get an email from extreme fax saying, "instructions, how to receive a fax. Faxes sent to your RING CENTRAL number arrive as an email from RING CENTRAL".

umm....so, extreme fax is just using Ring Central? And I get to save $2/month...nice

Back