Your Opinion

Besides always putting the client first and being direct and honest, figuring out which client's not to waste time on (qualifying) is probably the single most important part of my sales process.

What product/services do you sell?

It doesn't matter what a person is selling. Whether they are selling cars, insurance, or nuts and bolts, this is probably the best big picture long term way to be sucessfull, and sleep well at night to boot.

What questions are you asking to figure out which client is a waste of time?

There has been good input by others on here, but I will give you a few good examples.

Ask, "What is your time line on this?" The weaker their timeline, generally, the weaker their interest.

If they aren't ready to buy, ask why not. That will tell a lot about where they are in the process. If they have very specific well thought out reasons, there still may be a sale there. If they have really fuzzy "uh, I dunno" or "i gotta do some homework" then it may not be a good prospect.

Ask how many other brokers/agents they are talking to. Generally the more they are talking to, the harder the sale will be.

If you present, and they say they need to think about it, ask what part they need to think about, and what more info do they need to help them make a decision. Generally, the weaker and less specific their reasons, the weaker the chances of closing.

These are some general guidelines. You will have to tailor to your personality, product, and presentation.

ask her is she is ok if you take out a policy on her, with you being the sole beneficiary. If she says yes take the app and get her bought. it sounds like money in the bank to me.

Back