1 License, 3 Different Jobs?

Good question. I know they have part time shifts and full time shifts. I know he stated to me he wants to do part time so he has more free time to work Health Markets. Im assuming he will be at that job until he finds a better one or if they let him go, or he just leaves because it wasn't what he thought it would be.

Only time will tell. I will keep all posted. Working on my ACA material.

Chasing three rabbits is even worse. When I was younger I use to be an avid quail hunter. If you hunt quail you will soon learn if you shoot at the whole covey you will probably get nothing. You have to pick out a single bird and aim for it. If you don't you will have no success.

I have learned that lesson many times over when duck hunting and in business. Even now after spending time in two markets, it's like I have two separate businesses. Diversified? Yes. Efficient? No. I communicate differently to both groups and it's two separate thought processes. Tough to put systems in place to automate the process.

Update! Well I just got hired for a company called Univers! This is the same company that my friend Charles told me about. He is also working for this company making 18.75 per hr.

I still cant believe I got the job. After Charles tells me I might not have a chance, after he spoke with a friend of his inside HR, telling me there are about 200 resumes. He did get me a email address and said to send me resume here asap and I did. That was two days ago. I get a call this morning from a regional rep from univers asking me if I would be interested in working for them! The only thing is is that I will be flown out of the state to do my work! Crazy!
I am super excited about this opportunity and the multiple opportunities that my insurance license provides.

Oh, I still work for Health Markets and I will be speaking with a company next week who employs over 200 part time employees with no insurance! Lets go!!

I will keep you all posted on my highs and my lows. Take care.

Not much different than sitting in a General Dynamics call center enrolling people into O'Care. Temp gig making 18 an hour in NJ? Uh, no thanks. Glad it's working out well for you.

I'm independent, doing what I want, when I want. I've sold insurance for Met Life in a call center in the past, as well as USAA (over the phone) and it's not a bad way to start. We do have an O'care call center (Lynn Haven--Gen. Dyn) that is hiring for temp jobs like you have. I know a lot of people doing that.

Good luck finding your calling. If you're young, you have lots to look forward to and just about every insurance delivery system available to you. I'm 52 and this is a second career for me after my military career so what I'm doing going forward will likely be much different than yourself.

Back