$10,000 to $25,000 deductibles

Why not self-insure?

I think self-insuring would be kinda silly considering how low the premiums are on a policy like this.

Let's say you have several million in assets. A $25k or even a $50k medical bill may not be a huge concern, but what if you had a situation where the bill got into the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars?

I think a lot of doctors, lawyers, etc. like the piece of mind of having the catastrophic, top-end protection, but not having to spend a lot on premiums.

Of course, all of this depends on the amount of assets and risk tolerance of the clients.

I should have been clearer. I was thinking more in line with the old stop-loss structure, i.e. very high deductible, then 100%. Do insurance companies custom design policies any more?

As for the $25,000 to $50,000 "gap," close that gap with some DI, CI, and/or AI. Just a thought.

I should have been clearer. I was thinking more in line with the old stop-loss structure, i.e. very high deductible, then 100%. Do insurance companies custom design policies any more?

As for the $25,000 to $50,000 "gap," close that gap with some DI, CI, and/or AI. Just a thought.

I gotcha! Assurant's MaxPlan has a 100% option after a $10k, $15k, or $25k deductible I believe.

Pricing looks reasonable.. even in TX.

Back