$10,000 to $25,000 deductibles

I removed the Time software from my computer. It was laboriously slow. Much quicker to run rates when I need to from my Time site. Now that Time is on Quotit I can at least see if there is a reason to go back and look at more detailed options with them.

Seeing them side by side on Quotit just points out how far out of the market they are.

Reminds me of Humana . . . BEFORE they revamped their plans and adapted their POS network to the individual product. A year ago I figured Humana would eventually leave the individual market.

When a carrier is so far off the mark they can't write enough new business to offset losses on mature blocks.

BX is going thru that now in GA.

Eventually they either get in step with the market (like Humana did) or they implode.

Both BX & Time are so big there is no reason for them to go away but other carriers have.

Aetna was a marginal player in the individual market a few years ago then they disappeared for a dozen years or so. MOO was once a dominant player, then their rates got out of step and then poof, they were gone.

Guardian was another player with a very unique product. They eventually lost their butt and had to get out of a market where they were very strong for several years.

I don't think BX can afford to sacrifice the individual market but I also don't think Anthem will let them do what they need to do to get back in step.

Time has such a storied past in the individual market that they SHOULD capitalize on it but instead are playing silly games with some of the fringe products, pricing and even underwriting.

Time can exit the market and few will even notice.

BX is a different story.

It will be interesting to see what happens. The only thing predictable is this. Whatever is working now for the "hot" carriers will not work in the fall.

Maybe I'm running wrong rates but in GA Time seems to be right up there with GR in GA.

In Atlanta - HSA for 40 husband, 40 wife, 2 kids:

GR: $360
Time: $378

Lord - Time's doing great in GA.

Latest posts

Back