2009 Health Insurance Ratings

I'm in the midst of a test of Most Choice right now.

I will be interested in your results. And I think many others too.

I will keep it updated.

So far, lots of young, broke, etc. One even trying to sign up for Medicaid. About half of them so far have bad email addresses, and many come in the middle of the night, which always has me a tad suspicious...

I need a larger sample, but my experience has been that there's rarely a dramatic turnaround.

Hey Chumps, great job on this!!!

Also, the Nerf hoop rocks, I can't get passed sinking 7 out of 10 free throws though, after a 2 or 3 out of 10 start, LOL, lots of rust.

Seven isn't bad considering most Nerf hoops aren't as forgiving.

I'll have to take a pic of my hoop and post it.

The three of us that play have our own "home" courts in our offices. One of the three can't stand short bunny shots. We call him "Shaq-hands" because his big hands can't seem to get very good touch on short shots.

So, what he did, was place chairs around his hoop so nobody can shoot a short shot on his "home" court.

Serious stuff here!

Thanks for the heads up Moony! I put a call in last week to MC, but I will wait to hear your results after you test more. Thanks for the advise!

Sunmed

Update: My last two PZ leads were BOTH 19-year old females. I want to be impartial, but, I now have dropped their estimated value to $3.15.

The good thing is that I'm not paying for them.

"Porkulus" I like that word.

I love it when the phrases "Porkulus" and "19 yr old female" are used in the same thread... Oh, and a value of $ 3.15 ea doesn't hurt either....

Did you post all that Chumps...? TMI for the SportsNut on a Tuesday morning... :twitchy:

I'm in the midst of a test of Most Choice right now.

I will be interested in your results. And I think many others too.

With all the controversy surrounding MostChoice, I thought I would try their internet shared individual health leads, evaluate them, and report.

Lack of filters really hurts these leads. Skew young/broke and old/broke. About 10% had bad email addresses. One request for "transgender" coverage (a first for me). Very few (less than 10%) with existing insurance.

They don't seem badly oversold. Credits were processed (with some prodding) for uninsurables/bad phone numbers/people trying to sign up for Medicaid...

Communication was very poor. Several emails went unanswered, and believe it or not, totally unacknowledged! Bad bad bad.

MostChoice's claim to fame is "search engine generated" leads. It really doesn't seem to have much effect on the bottom line. I found some questionable pay-per-click search terms that they were using.

I achieved a decent return on investment of $3.90 to $1.00. Not awful, not great. Above my bare minimum of $3, but well below my goal ROI of $7 to $1. Not quite "in the middle". Very costly price-per-sale of $174 on an average fyc of $682 - way too much.

Conclusion: pass. These leads are badly overpriced. You can get the same thing for much less, raising your ROI, and lowering your cost per sale. Not recommended.

Back