$4,707 AP falls off the next day...

(Caveat, not an agent.)

In one of those situations, according to op, the trust was not owned by the customer.

I don't know about trusts, but it seems like it could be theoretically possible customer's family has financial arrangements he didn't know very much about and when he told his relevant relation what he had done, they told him back, we have that covered for the time of your passing, you do not need to spend that money to financially protect us.

I agree, probably not much I can do about getting that one back on the books

The one who had a trust was from a seminar that I had ran about final expense life insurance, the one who's family supposedly has a trust was a happy agent lead, I've ran a lot of their leads in the past and usually don't have a problem with income being too high.

I don't think its the leads, I think its something that I am doing wrong as an agent

I wouldn't worry too much. It really looks like you were just fishing in the wrong pond. Go to another one.

@Chase Utley I respect you for coming on here for help! That is a big deal to see that you may be the problem. If agents had this perspective, the industry as a whole would be in a much better place. Thing that jumped off the page to me is how much AIG you submitted. There are a ton of good carriers out there that take serious health conditions and do true social security billing. In fact, we don't even offer guaranteed issue anymore because of poor billing. I would encourage you to find a better mentor. Also, I would record yourself in the house (assuming you are in a state it's legal to do so) and have someone listen in. It could be something you are doing or saying that you aren't realizing that is costing you deals. What we think we say and what we actually say are usually 2 different things.

lol I’ll show you my Gerber , Aig and gw book of business last 12 yrs . 80% over 4 yrs either lapse or death . One of the main problems is the billing is terrible with all these CO’s . Plus a good % of my Gi is direct express . With a de card if they can’t qualify for ss billing with prosperity rop product I walk . 90% will lapse de with the other carriers as they have no true ss billing .

As long as you’re getting your 1st year commission why should you care ? You paid for the lead card aren’t you entitled to get back what you spent on cards ?

…a good % of my Gi is direct express . With a de card if they can’t qualify for ss billing with prosperity rop product I walk . 90% will lapse de with the other carriers as they have no true ss billing .
If I’ve got a DE cardholder that needs GI, I write Gerber because they don’t charge back for lapse. Since I get to keep whatever FYC I’ve earned, I still find it worth writing. Some of them even fool me and end up being good payers!

If I’ve got a DE cardholder that needs GI, I write Gerber because they don’t charge back for lapse. Since I get to keep whatever FYC I’ve earned, I still find it worth writing. Some of them even fool me and end up being good payers!

My GI has always been very sticky. I do not write DE if I can help it nor if the family is call from the bedside. It has also been good for referrals.

Back