$4,707 AP falls off the next day...

As long as you’re getting your 1st year commission why should you care ? You paid for the lead card aren’t you entitled to get back what you spent on cards ?

Many I’m getting charged back with great western as de not staying on books till 4 th payment . I’m doing 95% Medicare and really don’t care about Gi fe . I’ll have 800 Dm leads in the next 30 days to work the next 6 months

My GI has always been very sticky. I do not write DE if I can help it nor if the family is call from the bedside. It has also been good for referrals.
I usually only write DE in a Home Service product. But neither of my HS carriers have a true GI for that. So Gerber gets that business.

Generally speaking, my GI business sticks pretty well. I avoid writing anybody that seems to be at death’s door. I usually refer those cases to the local funeral home.

Your writing all referral business . I’m talking using leads .

True. However, even referrals refer a lot of walking dead and some DE. I just explaine I can not write it. But if it is something like dialysis, AIDs or recent Cancer I am probably writing it. They can be well worth it if you have to stack 3 or 4 policies. I just don't take the lapse business if I don't have to. The leads don't cost me any cash, but my time serving lapses is more valuable than a $50 lead cost.

Last edited:
Caveat, I am not an insurance agent.

Reading the posts about Social Security billing here and in other threads brings a question to mind.

Sometime back an agent forum member started a thread about the date Social Security payments actually show up in a recipient's account.

He was seeing his money in his account on Monday. I wasn't seeing mine until Wednesday. There were a variety of responses, some indicating Mon-Tue receipt of cash, others indicating Wed receipt of cash.

So when you have one of these FE clients where SS billing is the concern, but that client happens to bank with an institution that puts the payment in the recipient's account on Monday rather than waiting until Wednesday;

Do you get Overdrafts on the insurance payment or does the insurance payment still sneak in ahead of other monthly bills and withdrawals somehow?

Caveat, I am not an insurance agent.

Reading the posts about Social Security billing here and in other threads brings a question to mind.

Sometime back an agent forum member started a thread about the date Social Security payments actually show up in a recipient's account.

He was seeing his money in his account on Monday. I wasn't seeing mine until Wednesday. There were a variety of responses, some indicating Mon-Tue receipt of cash, others indicating Wed receipt of cash.

So when you have one of these FE clients where SS billing is the concern, but that client happens to bank with an institution that puts the payment in the recipient's account on Monday rather than waiting until Wednesday;

Do you get Overdrafts on the insurance payment or does the insurance payment still sneak in ahead of other monthly bills and withdrawals somehow?

Those situations create the same problem as if there were not true SS billing.

Many I’m getting charged back with great western as de not staying on books till 4 th payment . I’m doing 95% Medicare and really don’t care about Gi fe . I’ll have 800 Dm leads in the next 30 days to work the next 6 months

I just got hit this month with 3 months of GW DE chargeback. I wrote another family member in the house DE but he went Trans preferred. He paying good with true SS billing.I’ve only had a couple of the GW DE that have stayed on the books.
You like selling FE or Medicare better ?
Medicare has too many details,go backs,service for me.

I just got hit this month with 3 months of GW DE chargeback. I wrote another family member in the house DE but he went Trans preferred. He paying good with true SS billing.I’ve only had a couple of the GW DE that have stayed on the books.
You like selling FE or Medicare better ?
Medicare has too many details,go backs,service for me.

Personally I enjoy selling medicare more. But it’s much much more service oriented . I was on vacation for a week last week . I brought my work phone . 32 calls i took. The way you travel states it’d be impossible to sell mapd . You’d have to memorize 100 plans and 6-7 co’s .Persistency much much tougher in mapd. Low income can move quarterly and there’s no health questions. You got to save 5-7 a month plus touch your clients 4-5 times a yr. On the other side i love the renewals . But the next month as I’m contacting all my clients I’ll sell a good clip of fe .

I don’t know why you would have to memorize a plan with all the information is in sunfire or connecture. That’s just made up crap like usual in this group.

Back