6-Line Phone System Options

justinbarden

Expert
I'm hoping I can call on your expertise to help me get an idea of what companies I should be looking at for an office phone system. The lines will be split up into two locations and would require an auto-attendant with options for press 1 for joe, 2 for schmoe etc. We're already using 3 of the six phone #'s we require so we would need to 3 additional. Obviously the system would need a dashboad to control the conditional rules for forwarding etc. Would special hardware be required to make it happen? Would each line be ran to a traditional handset or would each user have to have a broadband data connection w/ headset connected to the computer? Any insight would be appreciated and I thank you for your time!
Justin-

8x8 can be pretty pricey.

Asterisk is the solution nearly all small to mid sized companies use. I'm in the process of getting mine setup (ordered an IP phone last night). You can run it however you'd like really, even Skype has some pretty robust solutions these days.

Another option is something like vitelity.com, they have hosted PBX solutions (that's what you're looking for, a PBX).

How tech savvy are you? Feel free to shoot me an email if you want to get more detailed, [email protected].

Any thoughts on RingCentral...I've been pretty happy with the service and price but I really didn't shop around much.

If it's working for you then why change it?

The real problems happen when you're growing or shifting your structure.

I wasn't looking to change...I must have the grass is greener syndrome. I love new technology features and habitually upgrade. Not cost effective though....

An enterprise grade phone system doesn't have to cost a fortune. Is there something you wish ring central could do that it doesn't? It's a little pricey, but not too bad.

Josh said:
An enterprise grade phone system doesn't have to cost a fortune. Is there something you wish ring central could do that it doesn't? It's a little pricey, but not too bad.

I don't need much so this makes me comfortable. I am a quasi-satellite office with an admin and an internal wholesaler. My main office has all of the support staff and can easily be contacted through my current system. Thanks for the input.

I use 3cx phone server and CallCentric service. Cheap service and you can buy more channels if you need more. We have one line that runs into the system and have it set to no matter whatever line a handset picks up it dials out with our main number even if people are in other channels. And I could go on and on about the 3cx phone system. It is computer based with a server in your office but no matter where you are you can have it forward your extensions to your cell phones, voicemails are emailed to you, it is great.

Callcentric - VoIP Internet phone service
3CX Phone System - Software Based VoIP IP PBX / PABX for Windows

I've used Ring Central and thinks it's solid...I know some people that use Fonality and like it.

Back