70% Shopping Rate??

You know what's going to happen is most wont think much look much during AEP

and will over the course of the year find things have changed and will be a mad rush the following year

I attended a webinar about the new drug plans and based on the diagrams that were shown, the new plans will be NOTHING like the current plans. How will they not change their plans? If they don't change, will they just roll them into a plan? The current plans are going away completely, right? I should have asked more questions. I plan on sending out a mass email mid September to collect drugs, then just start running plans. Shoot them an enrollment link and let them have at it. This is my second AEP with this agency and I'm their only Medicare/ACA agent. I almost lost it last year. Not sure how I'm going to manage through this one....ugh.

I attended a webinar about the new drug plans and based on the diagrams that were shown, the new plans will be NOTHING like the current plans. How will they not change their plans? If they don't change, will they just roll them into a plan? The current plans are going away completely, right? I should have asked more questions. I plan on sending out a mass email mid September to collect drugs, then just start running plans. Shoot them an enrollment link and let them have at it. This is my second AEP with this agency and I'm their only Medicare/ACA agent. I almost lost it last year. Not sure how I'm going to manage through this one....ugh.

It’s highly unlikely you’ll see many, if any new drug plans. It sounds like you have a little bit of Don P stressing you out.

The sky is not falling. I’ve been hearing this for over 15 years. It’s biz as usual this AEP. I always help all of my clients shop their plans. The ones that want help. Most are content.

Drug plans always change. It’s nothing new.

It’s highly unlikely you’ll see many, if any new drug plans. It sounds like you have a little bit of Don P stressing you out.

The sky is not falling. I’ve been hearing this for over 15 years. It’s biz as usual this AEP. I always help all of my clients shop their plans. The ones that want help. Most are content.

lol sky was supposed to fall last year too. but we got a new PPO with a full
Part B giveback

Ok.... but they look freaking weird. I thought I snipped the slide but I have no idea where I saved it.... :(

The slides can only show that PDP plans have a cap of $2k on covered drugs next year. So, of course the people who take few generic drugs will lose out while the expensive medication users benefit.

You’ll need to learn how to prepare your clients onnwhy they will pay more. They will complain, and you should be able to somehow tell them, “this is what it is. Take it or leave it”. Obviously without saying those exact words.

What happens in Florida stays in Florida . . . at least when it comes to Medicare plans.

Meanwhile in the remaining states life will be brutal on the dark side of the sun . . . at least where Part D is concerned.

My big question is, how many folks will opt to go bare and bypass the PDP if the premiums on even the most basic plans are over $20 and everything cranks through the deductible.

The slides can only show that PDP plans have a cap of $2k on covered drugs next year. So, of course the people who take few generic drugs will lose out while the expensive medication users benefit.

You’ll need to learn how to prepare your clients onnwhy they will pay more. They will complain, and you should be able to somehow tell them, “this is what it is. Take it or leave it”. Obviously without saying those exact words.
Or show them how to get their meds cheaper by not using their over priced drug plan

Chazm wether you want to believe it or not this is by far going to be the most disruptive aep since mapd’s 1st yr in 2006. It’s not just me saying it . 100’s of fmo’s ,carriers etc are saying it . In the end it is what it is . But to say I’ve heard this same crap for 15 yrs and this is the same is not true at all . Most agents the last 10 yrs have enjoyed a mostly stress free aep not having to move many clients . Most agent might talk to 30% of their clients during aep as most stay put . You must talk to all your clients this yr . If you don’t come Jan your phone will be nonstop ringing 15 hrs a day with angry clients who just filled a Rx and get hit with $590 deductible .

What happens in Florida stays in Florida . . . at least when it comes to Medicare plans.

Meanwhile in the remaining states life will be brutal on the dark side of the sun . . . at least where Part D is concerned.

My big question is, how many folks will opt to go bare and bypass the PDP if the premiums on even the most basic plans are over $20 and everything cranks through the deductible.

Samarco -Our drug plans in FL are relatively the same as any other state. Close to the same premiums, crappy DED, and crappy copays.

And Don, my med Supp clients wanted a med Supp for a reason. They won’t change to a MAPD to save on their PDP premium. Maybe 2-3 will this AEP. But, they will all have an opportunity to talk to me. If they are unhappy with their PDP, I will show them a MAPD and explain the downsides. Sounds like every AEP to me.

Last edited:
Back