A good company for Disability?

"What about about using AIG term life with a disability option?"

Aren't DI riders to term weak on the definition of disability? Also, there's not a lot of monthly benefit available as a term rider the last time I checked. Has that changed?

Yes you are correct, that is the weakness of all in one products. Some suggest its better to get ROP on DI or LTC and using that to buy into a life policy, better bang for the buck. At least according to Glickman, check out his video for Guardian. http://www.disabilityquotes.com/VOLi/Guardian1/

While this is lengthy its worth the time.

Assurity, be careful they seem to be offering low prices but I do believe all their DI policies are GR (Guarantee Renewable) instead of the more desireable Non-Can or Non Canceable which means no rise in Premium like GR. I do believe Assurity is being a little dishonest with some pricing while trying to capture a larger share of the market, if the price is too low no problem just raise the rates later. Gotta love the mindset of some Insurance Carriers!

Yes you are correct, that is the weakness of all in one products. Some suggest its better to get ROP on DI or LTC and using that to buy into a life policy, better bang for the buck. At least according to Glickman, check out his video for Guardian. http://www.disabilityquotes.com/VOLi/Guardian1/

While this is lengthy its worth the time.

I think though that the life insurance disability riders pay in addition to workers comp whereas a personal or group disabiilty policy coordinates. So there could be instances where you would actually end out with more coverage if you just had a supplemental disability rider if you had an on the job injury.

Winter

I think though that the life insurance disability riders pay in addition to workers comp whereas a personal or group disabiilty policy coordinates. So there could be instances where you would actually end out with more coverage if you just had a supplemental disability rider if you had an on the job injury.

Winter

I hope you don't actually give this type of advice to clients.

One could easily preplan for that but the Life Ryder tends to add cost (likely more than the cost of a DI Ryder that covers such possiblities) and in the end your DB is reduced and I'm thinking that the DB is needed if in place and I can't think why one would want to reduce their DB?

As a claims consultant/expert witness denied claims and a broker who reps all of the major carriers, I can tell you that there are some claims that are appropriately denied as a result of certain terms and especially definitions not being satisfied.
Remember, the claim begins with the application and in some cases for various reasons, it is either not filled out completely, or honestly!
I have had published over 40 articles in all of the major trade magazines including a few on, How Does the Own-Occ Definition for Total Disabilty REALLY work...and yours for the asking!
Larry
www,di-resource-center.com

Back