ACA Express -vs- HealthSherpa

HELP!!!

ACAEXPRESS transferred me to HC.gov, to complete the application but didn't transfer over any 2016 income. HC.gov didn't ask for 2016 income... just 2017 expected income. Bottom line is that The applicant was submitted to MEDICAID. Holy smokes ACA Express. You guys have no QUICK CHAT or HELP LINE that we can call during Open Enrollment.

ANYBODY

How best to purge this new Medicaid "client" from Healthcare.gov?

Not to be a jerk but either I am reading this wrong or you need serious training...

Not to be a jerk but either I am reading this wrong or you need serious training...

TXINSURANCE, You're DAMN RIGHT I need some serious training! WANNA LEND A HAND?

The transfer from ACAExpress to Healthcare.gov didn't carry over any, none, nada of the applicant's information that was entered on ACAExpress. Is this something NEW??? (This was my first ACAExpress application this O.E..)

I think I was just royally spoiled from using the HealthSherpa / ACAExpress enrollment (no HC.gov interaction) methods last O.E..

TXINSURANCE, You're DAMN RIGHT I need some serious training! WANNA LEND A HAND?

The transfer from ACAExpress to Healthcare.gov didn't carry over any, none, nada of the applicant's information that was entered on ACAExpress. Is this something NEW??? (This was my first ACAExpress application this O.E..)

I think I was just royally spoiled from using the HealthSherpa / ACAExpress enrollment (no HC.gov interaction) methods last O.E..

What you describe Allen is not an ACAExpress issue, yes, you have to re-enter some items but that is only because CMS does not provide method for WBE's to transmit it.

Spoiled, maybe, but another reason why we keep innovating, eg the other post I made today [Enrollment Completion Mode]

What you describe Allen is not an ACAExpress issue, yes, you have to re-enter some items but that is only because CMS does not provide method for WBE's to transmit it.

Spoiled, maybe, but another reason why we keep innovating, eg the other post I made today [Enrollment Completion Mode]

That's what screwed me up last night, where I had to re-enter the application again and hope that it over-wrote the Medicaid assignment.

The 2016 income entered by the applicant at ACAExpress, was not transferred to HC.gov. So, even though I put $17,500 in for the 2017 estimated income, it assumed her 2016 income was $0 and disqualified this lady for a QHP. HC.gov made her Medicaid-eligible.

The idiots who programmed this latest makeover of HealthCare.gov have the first-page data input fields totally incompatible with Web Broker Entities.

What happened last year to make HHS to start hating on WBE's? Maybe Mr. Single-Payer Obama didn't feel that ObamaScrew was failing FAST enough?

I'm gonna ENJOY watching his major legacy achievement go down the toilet next year!
:laugh:

I have a question for ACAExpress and Sherpa.
When you renew the coverage do you need to update marketplace application or you can just return to your portal with what marketplace has passively renewed?
Most clients don't need to update their apps and marketplace has already recalculated their subsidy for 2017. Therefore it seems that there is no need to go thru the app and resubmit it.

I have a question for ACAExpress and Sherpa.
When you renew the coverage do you need to update marketplace application or you can just return to your portal with what marketplace has passively renewed?
Most clients don't need to update their apps and marketplace has already recalculated their subsidy for 2017. Therefore it seems that there is no need to go thru the app and resubmit it.

If a plan is "passively renewed" there is zero you need to do at all. BUT you risk your NPN getting stripped by doing nothing. Example of customer having plan through carrier which is no longer available and the MP decided to move them to company X. Unless you do the enrollment for company X (or another carrier) you will not be assigned as the AOR. Other scenario is they are with company Y and the passive renewal is for a different plan with company Y. Sure, you can do nothing though not what I am hearing anyone suggest to make sure your NPN is attached.

Thanks for the quick response. Let me ask you one more question.
Let say you switch from current plan A to plan B within the same company. You login to MK, search for the app and return to ACAExpress without editing MK app. Back on your portal you complete plan B enrollment.
Do you think that MK could by some glitch automatically re-switch plan B to A on 12/15 because there was no active renewal (the MK application was not open and submitted)?

I learned yesterday that Health Sherpa no longer pays out the $75 referral credit for writing a sale with a plan in which you are not appointed. Yet, they still charge the $5 fee and George K (the principal at Sherpa) still becomes the AOR and collects the commission. Unfortunately, on the support page on their website, it still shows the $75 credit as an option. When I didn't get the credit I emailed Sherpa support and they replied the credit no longer applies.
I responded mentioning that it is still shown on the support page, but I have received No response from Sherpa.

Do you all think this is something to file a complaint about with the Commissioner?

Be Advised that HEALTH SHERPA is having issues with saved quotes. When you open it to apply, or re-quote, info from other prospects may pre-populate the ZIP or Age.

Double check to ensure that everything with that person is the same as it was during the previous session.

ciao

I learned yesterday that Health Sherpa no longer pays out the $75 referral credit for writing a sale with a plan in which you are not appointed. Yet, they still charge the $5 fee and George K (the principal at Sherpa) still becomes the AOR and collects the commission. Unfortunately, on the support page on their website, it still shows the $75 credit as an option. When I didn't get the credit I emailed Sherpa support and they replied the credit no longer applies.
I responded mentioning that it is still shown on the support page, but I have received No response from Sherpa.

Do you all think this is something to file a complaint about with the Commissioner?

Update- Sherpa got back to me, finally, and gave me half the credit. They said they would be pulling the page on the website that still talks about it. In this case, they really should also change the site so that we are not charged for an enrollment that occurs in a plan or state where we are not appointed or licensed, in my opinion. It would only be fair.

----------

Be Advised that HEALTH SHERPA is having issues with saved quotes. When you open it to apply, or re-quote, info from other prospects may pre-populate the ZIP or Age.

Double check to ensure that everything with that person is the same as it was during the previous session.

ciao

I have been having all sorts of problems with Sherpa today. Just went direct through a carrier to avoid.

Latest posts

Back