ACA Express -vs- HealthSherpa

Anybody know how to change the amount of subsidy used? I did a healthsherpa 2017 renewal. We did one app on healthcare.gov and got a subsidy of $558. We then discovered that we should've listed a dependent, so we went back (still via healthsherpa) and did a life change and got a new subsidy of $619.

However, I cannot get that new subsidy to "stick". HealthSherpa and BCBSTX still show the $558 subsidy. When I go into her healthcare.gov account, it says "Using $558 of $619 available." I can't find any place in healthcare.gov to change it to use the full $619. I called hc.gov and they said I'd need to re-submit the application and there should be a way of choosing to use all of the subsidy, but that didn't work either.

I'm confused here.

Anybody know how to change the amount of subsidy used? I did a healthsherpa 2017 renewal. We did one app on healthcare.gov and got a subsidy of $558. We then discovered that we should've listed a dependent, so we went back (still via healthsherpa) and did a life change and got a new subsidy of $619.

However, I cannot get that new subsidy to "stick". HealthSherpa and BCBSTX still show the $558 subsidy. When I go into her healthcare.gov account, it says "Using $558 of $619 available." I can't find any place in healthcare.gov to change it to use the full $619. I called hc.gov and they said I'd need to re-submit the application and there should be a way of choosing to use all of the subsidy, but that didn't work either.

I'm confused here.

Hmmm, we are not seeing that issue here at ACAExpress with Life Change.

In any event, you may have to either call the marketplace to get fixed or terminate the app you submitted and start from scratch.

HealthSherpa sent out this e-mail notice today:

"Hi Allen,
There are 10 days left to enroll your clients for 2017 marketplace health coverage. HealthSherpa is the leading enrollment platform, helping agents sell over $2.5 Billion in coverage!"

Did something change that went under my radar? Last I read, 2017 O.E. ended on 1/31/2017. Perhaps Congress is shutting this monstrosity down early, since it's being dismantled this year anyway?

Hmmm, we are not seeing that issue here at ACAExpress with Life Change.

In any event, you may have to either call the marketplace to get fixed or terminate the app you submitted and start from scratch.

ACA Express certainly is, emailed you this morning and have had others. Have given up, just cancelled the policy and have rewritten...

Back