Advise a Good Health Carrier in NC ?

Blackops44

Expert
I am renewing my license this week, can someone suggest a Good Health Carrier in North Carolina with top contracts? support,etc

Thanks Brian

BC of NC is good, but it's next to impossible to contract with them unless you write for them solely. Unitedhealth is very good and Humana is decent. Assurant is pretty good too.

Wonder who I could contact with BC of NC , or Assurant might be a good opportunity.

I used to live in NC and I tried to get with BCBS many times. They really don't like to work with independent brokers there in the state.

I finally got ahold of someone on the contracting side of things and they said that I could get contracted with them as long as I agreed to write $100k in premium and attend a 3 day training.

Needless to say I didn't do this because I'd have to be more like a captive agent. They do have a decent plan, etc., for NC, but depending on the area you live in, you can do very well with Coventry/Wellpath and Unitedhealthcare. I was in the Charlotte area and found that I really didn't need BCBS. If I was doing Medicare Advantage, however, I would have had to get with BC of NC.

Assurant is good, but they would be a third or fourth option. Get with UHC, Aetna, Coventry, and then Assurant.

Back