AEP Marketing | $10,000

Save the $10k and use it to live off of next year so you don't have to get the FT job.

Got clients? Ask them for referrals!

Got a phone? Pick it up!

Got comfortable shoes? Hit the pavement!

Got time to watch TV? Get off the couch!

The Medicare business is get rich slow.
For most agents it's:
Year 1: eat Ramon noodles
Year 2: eat McDonald's dollar menu
Year 3: eat at Chilli's
Year 4: eat wherever you want
Yes I have a few referrals I am working with right now for AEP Medicare and ACA. Got a Mcflurry at McDonald's last night $4.58..... and it comes in some piece of sh*t carboard paperish container now. Not even a plastic top with the fun spoon anymore.

Why piss away money when you don't have to?

1) Add FE to help pay the bills while you're building your book.

2) Do webinars instead of seminars.

3) Get the T65 app and send out 25 PA letters per week in your area. Then dk them. (Yes you can if you do it right)

4) Call Todd King and get on his LeadStream program.

5) Never ever pay $100 for a preset appointment.
That FE point is good advice. In my early days I looked at FE as "pay me today" and my Medicare business as "pay me tomorrow"

You can easily make a $700 - $1,000 commission by throwing in the occasional FE policy in the mix

That FE point is good advice. In my early days I looked at FE as "pay me today" and my Medicare business as "pay me tomorrow"

You can easily make a $700 - $1,000 commission by throwing in the occasional FE policy in the mix
Used to sell FE with NAA when I first got in the business. Burned me out after a year of subpar commissions and driving 500 miles a week.

That's why I transitioned to Medicare primarily, for a more relaxed lifestyle. I knew coming into it was going to take some time but I figured 3 years and I would set enough to go out on my own and make it in the world.

Now not so sure.

Used to sell FE with NAA when I first got in the business. Burned me out after a year of subpar commissions and driving 500 miles a week.

That's why I transitioned to Medicare primarily, for a more relaxed lifestyle. I knew coming into it was going to take some time but I figured 3 years and I would set enough to go out on my own and make it in the world.

Now not so sure.
Use your strengths that you already have.
Continue to cross sell the FE to your Medicare clients.

Try buying T65 lists. They're super cheap. You can get a list of 1,000 names for something like $50. Then cold call them, door knock, mail to them etc..

The first 3-5 years are a total grind. But the magic of compounding takes effect around year 4-5, and it suddenly gets easier.
You're almost there, don't give up!

Use your strengths that you already have.
Continue to cross sell the FE to your Medicare clients.

Try buying T65 lists. They're super cheap. You can get a list of 1,000 names for something like $50. Then cold call them, door knock, mail to them etc..

The first 3-5 years are a total grind. But the magic of compounding takes effect around year 4-5, and it suddenly gets easier.
You're almost there, don't give up!
I already do mailers with Scott with T65 inbound as I mentioned in a couple of other responses. As far as I knew door knocking for Medicare was a waste of time/not super compliant.

I guess what do I do for this AEP. I can't just sit here and do nothing. I need to cross the 100 client mark.

That's how a lot of us old dogs use to do it.

Get a list ages 67-78 and start calling for supplement rate increases. No CMS regulations to worry about.

Get ahold of someone with a MAPD? Pivot to a HIP plan. Again, no CMS crap to deal with.

, not sure where to start or how to market.

You don't have to recreate the wheel. There are a number of folks out, including @Todd King who have "systems" and can help you.

X selling seems to work best for most agents from the FE lead/sale then adding on Medicare as the second sale

Scott has a great system but it is a slow build and takes a while for the break even. You need to commit to 2 - 3 years to appreciate how well it works.

Most agents don't have the patience or funds to wait that long and it sounds like you are looking for quick cash. Expecting to built your money train from Oct 15 to Dec 7 is a bit of a crap shoot.

AEP starts in a couple of weeks and hoping to add 70 - 100 new clients is going to be tough and emotionally draining if you miss your mark AND have cancellations by the time January rolls around.

FE is a year round sale and quick payday. Medicare, especially if focusing on d-snp, c-snp and regular MAPD can drive you crazy. FE is low hanging fruit as long as you do it right. If you don't get it right you end up with cancellations and charge backs.

Lost 50% to rewrites and the other ones wont return my letters/phone calls/emails/text messages for renewal this year.

You need to figure out how to plug the holes in your boat rather than pouring in more money.

You don't have to recreate the wheel. There are a number of folks out, including @Todd King who have "systems" and can help you.

X selling seems to work best for most agents from the FE lead/sale then adding on Medicare as the second sale

Scott has a great system but it is a slow build and takes a while for the break even. You need to commit to 2 - 3 years to appreciate how well it works.

Most agents don't have the patience or funds to wait that long and it sounds like you are looking for quick cash. Expecting to built your money train from Oct 15 to Dec 7 is a bit of a crap shoot.

AEP starts in a couple of weeks and hoping to add 70 - 100 new clients is going to be tough and emotionally draining if you miss your mark AND have cancellations by the time January rolls around.

FE is a year round sale and quick payday. Medicare, especially if focusing on d-snp, c-snp and regular MAPD can drive you crazy. FE is low hanging fruit as long as you do it right. If you don't get it right you end up with cancellations and charge backs.

You need to figure out how to plug the holes in your boat rather than pouring in more money.
Scott's system has been great so far. No complaints. I understood from the start it was going to take time.

I was just expecting to be able to acquire a good amount of clients with a 10k checkbook. Not break even or even worse take a loss on acquiring them.

In regard to your last comment, less than 20% of my book is that demographic thankfully. No issues with everyone I acquired F2F.

Back