AEP Week 1 Over

I added info about DVH and a hospital indemnity in my aep letter and tons are calling about that.

It’s like free money. $$

Easiest way to cross sell....

On top of this I’m doing seminars on Monday for Wellcare in Golden Corrall. After 2 seminars I’ve had 70 people show up. 70. I had to move the last one to the dining room because the banquet room couldn’t hold them.

That’s awesome.

On top of this I’m doing seminars on Monday for Wellcare in Golden Corrall. After 2 seminars I’ve had 70 people show up. 70. I had to move the last one to the dining room because the banquet room couldn’t hold them.

My T65 Leads haven’t been called on at all

If you ever need any help...I'm available!

This is by far my busiest AEP. Wellcare has two new MAPD options that are better than last year. Uhc ppo has a new ppo that is better. So I’m having to move all those people. At least Wellcare gave us a number for the client to call and move over.
I added info about DVH and a hospital indemnity in my aep letter and tons are calling about that.

The most work might be running pdp options. 3 out of 5 are having to move to another one.

My T65 Leads haven’t been called on at all

That's great you overfilled the room!

I like the idea of mentioning DVH and Hosp Indem in an AEP letter. I may do next year. On your hospital indemnity do you quote just enough to cover the current plan's copay or do you quote higher than current plan for a cushion?

They pay for the seminar, the marketing and everything. They have agents at other locations and probably other days as well but a lot more are showing than I was expecting.

It’s just me there and I can’t do any apps right after the seminar. I’m looking up meds/doctors and copays for individuals.
I’ve done seminars in the past and most people don’t sign up until mid Nov so I know I’ll get more sales then from the seminars. But they’ll have to call to see me and sign up.

Are they marketing in newspapers, mailers, or something else?

Only 3 of the 5 Walmart’s in our area are staffed this year (all 5 were last year). I am one of the three and a repeat. I think some people might be afraid of the connotations of being the “Walmart Agent,” but it is important to consider your location and product offerings. If I were at another Walmart, I would be focusing on Med Supps, at this one, I know MAPD will be my primary (although supps happen here too). I still think this is a great opportunity for a new agent building business. I have found some really great clients and most of them have ended up becoming referral sources for me. Only the occaisional “people of walmart” moment.

I'm a repeat in my local Walmart this year too. I started the season thinking maybe I'll be too busy to do it next year but the first day I loved it. More people recognize me this year too.

I'm extremely torn about it. It's not as busy but I have written a few people who said they had no idea where to start, who to call, and were glad they saw me. They don't pay attention to DM or tv ads.

On one hand, I see the benefit (a big benefit) to being that familiar face year after year. On the other, I see the potential pitfall of someone who will sign up at Walmart having less loyalty.

I'm a repeat in my local Walmart this year too. I started the season thinking maybe I'll be too busy to do it next year but the first day I loved it. More people recognize me this year too.

I'm extremely torn about it. It's not as busy but I have written a few people who said they had no idea where to start, who to call, and were glad they saw me. They don't pay attention to DM or tv ads.

On one hand, I see the benefit (a big benefit) to being that familiar face year after year. On the other, I see the potential pitfall of someone who will sign up at Walmart having less loyalty.

I know you don't like me responding in your threads, but when I saw the above I just wanted to comment briefly.

Those sound to me like a kind of people whose gratitude to you for helping them solve a very painful and confusing problem will lead them to be some good referral sources for you.

That's great you overfilled the room!

I like the idea of mentioning DVH and Hosp Indem in an AEP letter. I may do next year. On your hospital indemnity do you quote just enough to cover the current plan's copay or do you quote higher than current plan for a cushion?

Are they marketing in newspapers, mailers, or something else?

The minimum is $250/day and the plan I like to offer it on is a plan that reduces part b by $110/month with a $150/day copay. So it’s more than their copay but it’s only $25-35 month.

I sold another one today. Her plan gives back $80 for part b, $200 day days 1-5 hospital. She gets $250day for days 1-6 and a $2500 lump sum cancer rider for $36/month.

For the Wellcare seminar they do all of the above. Paper, mail etc.

The minimum is $250/day and the plan I like to offer it on is a plan that reduces part b by $110/month with a $150/day copay. So it’s more than their copay but it’s only $25-35 month.

I sold another one today. Her plan gives back $80 for part b, $200 day days 1-5 hospital. She gets $250day for days 1-6 and a $2500 lump sum cancer rider for $36/month.

For the Wellcare seminar they do all of the above. Paper, mail etc.

I need to start offering them with Advantage plans. It only makes sense. The lowest inpatient copay that I know of here is $245/day and most are more. We do have a $50 give back plan this year though.

I'm seeing how important that cancer rider is too. I've had one client die this year from cancer, two more diagnosed and treated and another putting off the doctor appt to confirm.

My area is weird with advertised events. Aetna advertised and mailed out for a sales event for last week and like 5 people showed up. The event wasn't for me but it bombed.

I'm looking forward to hearing how your events go next year.

Chazm, do formal events draw more people typically?

I advertised a couple of educational events last year and one person showed up to one of them so I don't do them anymore.

Even this year, I filed my second venue's events with UHC because they advertise in the metro paper. One RSVP and I don't think anyone else has showed up based on the advertisement. Also, I'm advertising the events in my local neighborhood paper but, apparently, no one reads them anymore.

Latest posts

Back