Aetna should not be allowed to do this

It wasn’t a first look. It only had plan names changing and people aren’t being crosswalked.

Again, this is nothing new with Aetna. They seem to do it every year.
Aetna will reach out to the member and let them know the correct plan to be on and you’re the AOR.

I’ve had to do it 4 years now.
Aetna PPO, to PPO Premier, to PPO Premier Plus, to this last year moving to the PPO Explorer.
They’re never cross walked and I’ve had no problem keeping AOR when they get called by Aetna or call in their self.
According to the note he said first look . Also he said any member that calls Aetna that doesn’t have a changing plan Aetna will move them and you won’t be the Aor . Also he said if a plan is being non renewed and client calls in Aetna will wrote them and Aetna becomes the Aor . Only write around 70 Aetna this yr my first writing them . I trust no company were an agent can call in on a 3 way with a client and Aor you on the phone . That’s bs and Aetna allows it

Just wait until they fill their medications in January. It’s going to be a busy OEP next year. Many seniors don't read their ANOC letters or understand how the changes impact them. Yikes!
That’s what no agent understands .Most clients with a plan aren’t going to let a stranger with worse benefits move them .If i call you and say your benefits changing .Your copay is now $10 and it’s going to $40 I can get you $30 . They’ll say hell no I don’t believe you . The craziness will be during oep when benefits used . But by far the most non renewing plans in mapd history will cause chaos during aep

That’s what no agent understands .Most clients with a plan aren’t going to let a stranger with worse benefits move them .If i call you and say your benefits changing .Your copay is now $10 and it’s going to $40 I can get you $30 . They’ll say hell no I don’t believe you . The craziness will be during oep when benefits used . But by far the most non renewing plans in mapd history will cause chaos during aep
If their plan is be terminating do they have an sep till dec 31st? How does that work

According to the note he said first look . Also he said any member that calls Aetna that doesn’t have a changing plan Aetna will move them and you won’t be the Aor . Also he said if a plan is being non renewed and client calls in Aetna will wrote them and Aetna becomes the Aor . Only write around 70 Aetna this yr my first writing them . I trust no company were an agent can call in on a 3 way with a client and Aor you on the phone . That’s bs and Aetna allows it

Correct. If your plan is not being changed and the client calls Aetna to change to some other plan, you’re not AOR. This is not new with them this AEP. So again, no changes there.

But, if your plan is being non renewed, and they call Aetna, you remain AOR. And, so far, this is only for Texas.

Below is the post that DonP is referring to

🆘🆘 HEADS UP AETNA TEXAS AGENTS

Just got off the first look with Aetna webinar.

They have MAPD plans that are non-renewing and are being replaced with other plans and they won’t be cross walked to the new plans.

If your client is on a plan that is non-renewing and calls into telesales and joins another Aetna MAPD you remain the AOR

HOWEVER…. If the members plan is being renewed, and they call to telesales regarding g new plans and make a change, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE AOR.

Being a former Aetna employee I highly suspect that they will heavily market Aetna beneficiaries to encourage enrollment in the new plans!!

Post anonymously because I’m sharing the Aetna slide of non renewing plans”

Last edited:
I highly suspect that they will heavily market Aetna beneficiaries to encourage enrollment in the new plans!!
I’m not so sure (normally I’d agree wholeheartedly) because we don’t know whether they really want those members in the first place. Yeah, you’d think they want them, but sometimes they tank benefits because they don’t want the same market presence. They either want fewer members or they want totally different ones.

I’m not so sure (normally I’d agree wholeheartedly) because we don’t know whether they really want those members in the first place. Yeah, you’d think they want them, but sometimes they tank benefits because they don’t want the same market presence. They either want fewer members or they want totally different ones.

I didn’t say that. I copied the post from Facebook that DonP was referring to.

He who?

Dude what are you talking about? When a plan is terminated, the plan ceases to exist. You don’t get to keep it for two months. It doesn’t exist.
My regional told me 8 times they have a 60 day grace period . I’m going on what he said . I’ve never had a plan termed so I’m just repeating what I was told. Maybe he was talking about a sep to get a plan back from orginal Medicare after being disenrolled.

Back