Aetna/SilverScript

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I wrote an 80M a SilverScript Allure last year because it was the best for some of the pricey drugs he took. We had lunch Tuesday and he was upset about his coverage. I called the company and was told he was switched to a Choice plan because Allure is no longer available. He now has a $250 deductible. He says he was not notified and has not got a new ID card. I hate to deal with any Aetna companies now because you deal with someone who is not from the USA. Anyone else had this happen to a client?

Unless your client moved and the mail got lost, previous post is probably about right.

You can find the ANOC he got/should have gotten here:
https://www.silverscript.com/anoc-eoc

He could probably create an online silverscript account to get a copy of his card (just a guess, I don't know for sure).

I send out a monthly newsletter to all my clients, advising them of changes, updates, etc.

They were fully aware of the Wellcare-Aetna merger (or whatever you want to call it. Yet I had a couple of folks call mid year wanting to know why I had changed them from Aetna to Wellcare.

Every client gets a notice, starting in August, about the upcoming AEP. All are advised to read their ANOC and call if they have questions. Newsletters in Sept, Oct and Nov mentioned the problems with the Medicare Plan Finder.

They were also told about changes to the Humana Walmart plan.

Yet there were a few clients mad about their H - W premium increasing from $30 to $60. These same folks have been encouraged to change from H - W to a lower premium plan for several years.

Some didn't listen until their premium doubled. At least one claimed he never was notified and wanted to know who I knew at Humana that would fix his problem.

Told him to call Medicare and complain.

These folks are adults.

I am not their mother.

I have heard a few complaint about the deductible. Stephanie is right, a lot of people will tell me in January they never were notified of a premium change or any changes at all on the PDP plan .

You have to at least open the mail. How long does that take?

2010.309.055_1.jpg

I had one Allure client, Auto enrolled into CHioce plan I had to do app to put into high option and Silver Script messed it up

After arguing with them since AEP because the portal did not show the correct plan But Silver script said ohh don't worry about the portal he is in fact in the correct plan T

Then, after he got 2 sets of cards for the wrong plan SIlver Script, said they were sent in error new cards will be sent

Then AFter he had to pick up insulin that was not covered because he was on the choice not the high option I had to then send all proof that I did send the correct application as was as the fax dates to have them fix the issue

Unfortunately, he was still out of pocket on his insulin but it will be covered next time

What killed me is Humana swears that CMS does not allow auto signing clients into lower-cost plans when a plan is discontinued

Guessing there are Different CMS rules for Different carriers??????:goofy:

What killed me is Humana swears that CMS does not allow auto signing clients into lower-cost plans when a plan is discontinued

Guessing there are Different CMS rules for Different carriers??????:goofy:

As I have said before, regardless of what Humana CSR's may have told you, the actual plan cross-walking which Humana did from 2019 to 2020 WAS from a higher cost to a lower cost plan.

Back