After Initial Quote...Do You Followup with Potential Clients?

LDG

Expert
My agency does not have a practice in place to followup with potential customers after the initial quote for property and casualty insurance.

Does your agency follow up with clients after the initial quote? Do you do it via email or a phone call What time frame do you use? Are you closing sales?

Thank you in advanced for your response.

Last edited:
My agency does not have a practice in place to followup with potential customers after the initial quote for property and casualty insurance.

Does your agency follow up with clients after the initial quote? Do you do it via email or a phone call What time frame do you use? Are you closing sales?

Thank you in advanced for your response.

When I send a quote I send a nice email with a picture of their house from the assessors site that highlights the value ads. I will call the same day to discuss. If no response I call the next day, then a few days later.

When I send a quote I send a nice email with a picture of their house from the assessors site that highlights the value ads. I will call the same day to discuss. If no response I call the next day, then a few days later.

If you are not following up you are losing a ton of business. The person who stays in front of the customer will write the policy. We send an initial email, follow up with a phone call. After that we normally do another phone call and two more emails. There is a program that will automatically follow up for you up to five times via email.

If you are not following up you are losing a ton of business. The person who stays in front of the customer will write the policy. We send an initial email, follow up with a phone call. After that we normally do another phone call and two more emails. There is a program that will automatically follow up for you up to five times via email.

What's the program that you use?

What type of message do you use for these followups? If you are contacting them potentially 4-5 times you must be varying the approach.

Would you please share that approach?

You need to follow-up. That's ridiculous. You are losing a ton of business. I end quotes with "I will follow up with you on Friday, but please let me know if you have any questions before then".

I send emails (unless they are "phone" age) to everyone, every Friday morning. People are happier on Fridays. If I need to schedule a meeting (usually business owners), I do it on Monday mornings, when people are planning their week. The emails are short and sweet. "Just checking in, do you have any questions?"

After 4 Friday emails, if I don't have any response, I let them know that I will stop contacting them if I don't hear anything back. Its the opposite of a hard sell.

As far as "how do I keep track", I'm too cheap to buy a client manager, so I list everyone on my google calendar as a task and spend the first few hours Friday morning sending emails.

I'm too cheap to buy a client manager, so I list everyone on my google calendar as a task and spend the first few hours Friday morning sending emails.

How much is your time worth? Seriously, calculate how much you make per hour and multiply that by 150 (3 hrs per week times 50 weeks). Does a client manager cost more than that?

You need to follow-up. That's ridiculous. You are losing a ton of business. I end quotes with "I will follow up with you on Friday, but please let me know if you have any questions before then".

I send emails (unless they are "phone" age) to everyone, every Friday morning. People are happier on Fridays. If I need to schedule a meeting (usually business owners), I do it on Monday mornings, when people are planning their week. The emails are short and sweet. "Just checking in, do you have any questions?"

After 4 Friday emails, if I don't have any response, I let them know that I will stop contacting them if I don't hear anything back. Its the opposite of a hard sell.

As far as "how do I keep track", I'm too cheap to buy a client manager, so I list everyone on my google calendar as a task and spend the first few hours Friday morning sending emails.

I understand that it sounds ridiculous but we are a busy agency where the sales staff also services customers.

We just added another licensed support staff making it possible for us to add to our processes. Thank you everyone for your comments.

How much is your time worth? Seriously, calculate how much you make per hour and multiply that by 150 (3 hrs per week times 50 weeks). Does a client manager cost more than that?

I hate to say this...but its not worth it to me. I do everything in google (including printing off mailing lists for Christmas and 4th of July cards). I keep calendar open all the time and type names into a tasks on Fridays. I make WAY too much per hour, based on how much I actually work. Not surfing the internet. Or driving carpool. Or having lunch with friends. :1cute:

Back