After Initial Quote...Do You Followup with Potential Clients?

you wont last long in this business......

Why because he uses google? I have been in the business for over 8 years and I use google for everything and it works great.

I swear everyone on this site just wants to knock people down...keep writing your BS final expense policies.

A friend of mine uses Agency IQ and it is only about $20-$30 per month. It auomatically sends out follow e-mails for new quotes and will re do this every year.

Thank you fearsback!

I have adopted a protocol whereby my agents will email the quote then immediately follow up with a phone call. If we are able to give a quote immediately over the phone we will.

As the owner, I will call back the next day to thank the potential insured for calling us and see if we can answer any other questions.

We will then followup every other day for a week. Does this seem like too much contact?

I said he wont last long in this business.............if he doesnt FOLLOW UP....

If you dont follow up, you wont last long in this business.....is that worded better?

I said he wont last long in this business.............if he doesnt FOLLOW UP....

If you dont follow up, you wont last long in this business.....is that worded better?

Did you also see where he said he has been licensed since 1987? I'd 27 years in this business is probably lasting awhile...

I can understand the initial reaction. I should have been more specific and said that the agency didn't have a standard followup procedure but the individual agents did.

We now have a standard procedure.

Depends on the line of business and the customer age/personality type..if auto/home and younger ill call them and/or email them everyday until they tell me yes or say "i found a better rate" or "leave me alone." If older ill call/email once or twice a week.

On life insurance I try to be more patient as well.

I'm thankful that many of my competitors do not follow up on quoted business. Surprising that so many consider themselves too busy.

Glad to see that you've initiated the procedure. Hopefully, when you track it out over the next year or so...you'll see a dramatic difference in closings.

Back