Aged Lead Script

That's an interesting approach. I might have to give that a shot this week when I make my first calls.

There is a guy on youtube, old NAA guy, when they were killing it that has a whole presentation on this. Its pretty neat.

----------

Cool as a cucumber over here. If the intro doesn't matter then why lie? I never said a smooth intro was not fine. Looks like a "smooth intro" is more important to you than being credible. Maybe if you had more sales skills to create a "smooth intro" you wouldn't need to lie.

You say the intro doesn't matter... It matters a hell of a lot. The intro is where you generate curiosity so they even want to speak with you. Its THE most important part of the call! Just like a headline is to a sales letter.

Shouldn't we be posting positive business philosophies for the newbys to learn from?

Not used car sales tactics.

Not to be argumentative but you have to read between the lines. Do you want to get the prospects coverage or do you want to "feel" good about yourself. Getting them the protection they need is the mission objective, we all have different paths to get there, but once you get them covered us that as insight to "feel" good about yourself. More than one way to skin a cat and opinions vary. How much do you sell doing it your "honest" way? The way he is saying to do it is not dishonest, no more than the direct mail pieces I am sure you drop in your area, they are not the most "honest" marketing vertical either, but they work. Remember, you cant cast a play in hell with a bunch of angels and good intentions have paved the road to hell because they are just that, intentions.

Cool as a cucumber over here. If the intro doesn't matter then why lie? I never said a smooth intro was not fine. Looks like a "smooth intro" is more important to you than being credible. Maybe if you had more sales skills to create a "smooth intro" you wouldn't need to lie.

You say the intro doesn't matter... It matters a hell of a lot. The intro is where you generate curiosity so they even want to speak with you. Its THE most important part of the call! Just like a headline is to a sales letter.

Shouldn't we be posting positive business philosophies for the newbys to learn from?

Not used car sales tactics.

I think I'm going to avoid the entire Forum battle that could form over this. I consider myself highly ethical, more so than most people, and an outstanding sales closer without the schmaltz. You can check my posts to see the approach I usually give newer folks. However, we'll agree to disagree on this as too whether a small white lie at the beginning of the conversation is okay or not. It depends on the lead source. Either way, to me, and ONLY me mind you, what matters is the results of the insurance sale as to whether we provided the customer a solid product, tailored to their need, at the right time at the right price. If they walk away with something they want and need then the sales gods are happy.
I respect your desire and opinion to maintain a 100% zero bullsh@#$t opening line, with a straight up intro.

"Hi, Im calling with the Insurance Protection Center, Im a supervisor here and I need your help. Few months ago we got this request from you, my job is to make sure you got taken care of and received the info requested and you have coverage" "Oh ok, well again, I need your help, part of my job is to audit our files and make sure everyone gets the info they are entitled to receive..so you never got protection?" "Ok well let me stop by in the next few days, I have Monday available, yadda yadda yadda" Ive seen this work. Sounds crazy but it works.

Freaking brilliant.........

There is a guy on youtube, old NAA guy, when they were killing it that has a whole presentation on this. Its pretty neat.

----------

Not to be argumentative but you have to read between the lines. Do you want to get the prospects coverage or do you want to "feel" good about yourself. Getting them the protection they need is the mission objective, we all have different paths to get there, but once you get them covered us that as insight to "feel" good about yourself. More than one way to skin a cat and opinions vary. How much do you sell doing it your "honest" way? The way he is saying to do it is not dishonest, no more than the direct mail pieces I am sure you drop in your area, they are not the most "honest" marketing vertical either, but they work. Remember, you cant cast a play in hell with a bunch of angels and good intentions have paved the road to hell because they are just that, intentions.

Not trying to have a board battle. I have respect for both of you.

John I have respect for you from reading your other posts but I just don't understand where you are coming from here trying to justify yourself then accusing me of dropping iffy mailers.

Where did you learn that "reading between the lines of ethics" to trick the prospect into engaging with you is OK?

Why do you appear to not believe it is possible to do the "feel good" thing for yourself and ethically do whats best for your client throughout the entire process?

Call me crazy but I have always found presenting a message that my prospect wants to hear that HELPS him meet his goals is all thats needed to build curiosity and engage them.

No trickery, white lie, on the line, or slightly over the line of ethics. Justifying that I am doing what is necessary to help the prospect in the end.

Galt's approach is one I've done countless times in the past working aged leads in and outside a call center. It works. You are calling them to follow up and make sure they were taken care of. No lying in that. He's the Supervisor of himself and his operation so no lie there either. If you think the "audit the files" comment is misleading, well, not really. If you have aged leads in a file, you are auditing those. Try it, you'll like it.

Galt's approach is one I've done countless times in the past working aged leads in and outside a call center. It works. You are calling them to follow up and make sure they were taken care of. No lying in that. He's the Supervisor of himself and his operation so no lie there either. If you think the "audit the files" comment is misleading, well, not really. If you have aged leads in a file, you are auditing those. Try it, you'll like it.

Oh OK so my practice is actually called an "insurance protection center" and I am the supervisor? Man... and to think all this time I have been marketing it all wrong.

Thanks for setting me straight everyone.

Do customers normally look to "insurance protection centers" for help?
NO... its obviously fictitious and even though it works the truth will set into the prospects mind eventually.

If my son likes to play with toy rockets do I tell everyone he's a rocket scientist?

I speak from experience with this...

When I was 22 and selling mortgages I came up with the brilliant idea to tell people I was calling due to the anti-predatory lending act. ...Yes there is such a thing. I scared people into talking with me because I knew they just had a mortgage inquiry and it was my job to make sure they are getting a good deal. While I took more apps and closed more loans than any other brokers in the office I had zero referrals and repeat business. The prospects knew...

When I changed my approach my business really took off and I had tons of happy clients that sent me multiple referrals. The difference was actually quite amazing.

OK I'll stop now...

I think I'm going to call my Agency "The SouthEastern Georgia State Governmental Insurance Protection Organization.

Of America....

What do you think? :)

I'll call mine the "State Approved Mortgage Protection Agency", otherwise known as SAMPA. That should impress the hell out of everyone.

What do you think DSTRACK?

Freaking brilliant.........

Thanks man, appreciate it.

----------

Not trying to have a board battle. I have respect for both of you.

John I have respect for you from reading your other posts but I just don't understand where you are coming from here trying to justify yourself then accusing me of dropping iffy mailers.

Where did you learn that "reading between the lines of ethics" to trick the prospect into engaging with you is OK?

Why do you appear to not believe it is possible to do the "feel good" thing for yourself and ethically do whats best for your client throughout the entire process?

Call me crazy but I have always found presenting a message that my prospect wants to hear that HELPS him meet his goals is all thats needed to build curiosity and engage them.

No trickery, white lie, on the line, or slightly over the line of ethics. Justifying that I am doing what is necessary to help the prospect in the end.

Well Im not saying you cant do both, I do....everytime I get them covered, which sadly did not happen today, 3 no shows, 1 no money and 1 was a racist:goofy:

By the way, you have been doing this how long? yea, thats what i thought, we will see how you view things once you have been here a couple of years. You do it your way and I will do what works:D

----------

Bingo, we have a winner, give that man a cigar!!

Back