AGENT Beware- Penn Life, Senior Solutions, Universal American

With Universal American they usually only make you pay back the advances, not the earned commissions.

Either way, it's not Universal American as much as it is the FMO/GA/MGA/WTF they want to call themselves.

UA is trying to do that to me for MAPD's that I sold back in 2007. I was not captive for them, and sold a ton of their Today's Options and then didn't write for them for almost two years. I cancelled my contract with the FMO I as was with trying to go somewhere else. UA is trying to hit me with a $2,500 "debit balance". There is no way that I had that kind of a negative account, especially since they never mentioned it in any form while I was active. They were paying me renewals up until the term date of my contract:1baffled:

The point is, these people are SHADY! Avoid them, their products are not that good and can be replaced by any other good agent/company.

How is it the GA?

Universal American is just a carrier. If the Senior Solutions you're talking about is owned by Anthony Rose then I completely agree with them not only be shady, but being downright fraudulent. Universal American has GA's that are shady, but UA itself isn't a bad company.

Senior Solutions is there " Brand Name" they also go by "Penn Life" and "Universal American" all the same company. If you leave they credit your comissions to your Branch Manager.

Last edited:
UA is trying to do that to me for MAPD's that I sold back in 2007. I was not captive for them, and sold a ton of their Today's Options and then didn't write for them for almost two years. I cancelled my contract with the FMO I as was with trying to go somewhere else. UA is trying to hit me with a $2,500 "debit balance". There is no way that I had that kind of a negative account, especially since they never mentioned it in any form while I was active. They were paying me renewals up until the term date of my contract:1baffled:

The point is, these people are SHADY! Avoid them, their products are not that good and can be replaced by any other good agent/company.

They are doing the same with me. I can still write for them even though I haven't in over two years. I was getting a small renewal check from them every month until about 3 months ago. When I didn't get it I called to find out why. They said I had chargebacks of $1500 and that they were taking my renewals until that was paid. I asked how I could possibly have a chergeback when I hadn't written anything for over two years. They said it was from 2007. I did have a few cancellations then, but, I had already been charged for them. They said they would send me the report. About two weeks later I got a package that was over 300 pages of my records. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. It would have probably cost me more time and money to figure it out than they said I owed. Even then, if I was right, they wouldn't correct the errors, I'm sure. It should be just about paid now unless they come up with more. Maybe this time it will be from 2006?

Wow....seems like an endemic growing to an epidemic within the UA umbrella.

Had an FMO send out alerts about their faulty records and to double check before you paid back commissions.

What you all should do is pick a day and all call in to commission dept and keep them tied up justifying those chargebacks line by line. Then you keep this up for let's say 30 days......until you get this squared away to zero.

I OWE....I OWE...it's off to work I go (whistle)

I read through the thread and was curious to find out if anyone was able to get their "chargebacks" dismissed. I was with the company for almost 3 years. My contract was dismissed by the owner of the brand without cause because I sent in my resignation letter. I was just contacted after being out of the business for 1 year and they are asking me to repay a rolling period of advances. Coming to a grand total of $8000. I can understand that it is a loan but with all the business that I wrote for the company the renewals alone would have paid for any chargebacks that I received. I was told that this wasn't for chargeback and the business that they are requesting that I pay back is still on UA's books. I was told by another individual that the owner of that branch now receives those renewals and that I will have to pay the full $8000 back even though it was not charged back to me. Any suggestions on what I could do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Back