Agents Behaving Badly Part V: Five recently charged or sentenced due to insurance fraud

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Brian Anderson submitted a new article

Agents Behaving Badly Part V: Five recently charged or sentenced due to insurance fraud
0_0_bigstock_Businessman_Is_The_Devil_In_Di_81771221.jpg

A fearsome fivesome for the fifth installment of our occasional series on ethics-challenged agents running afoul of the law.
Continue reading the Original Article.

It's sad, amazing and honestly very maddening that agents do these awful things to people!!! Agents like myself who try so hard everyday to do the right thing and have to overcome trust issues already make it so much harder for us when this crap is done!
I'm so glad these idiots were caught and maybe someone who was close to doing something similar won't!!!

And it's stories like this that make the news, not the story about the insurance agent who is standing in the front yard with an insured family as their house burns down or the agent who takes in customers into his own house after Katrina hits. And, instead of insurers telling these stories in their advertising, they spend billions promoting silly gimmicks like price guns.

Equally sad, are the politicians who go after an entire industry due to the actions of a few...especially those of us who are securities licensed. Senator "Pocahontas" Warren has it in for the whole lot of us and wants to slap us around every chance she gets.

Clowns, here, I am a licensed agent in multiple states in life health and fixed annuities who is coming out of a call center environment,into the field so I can make a difference and has almost 10 years experience specializing in part d med supps advantage plans and getting into other markets, and have a hard enough time due to people having trust issues due to agents wanting to make a quick buck,don't these fools get going the quick easy path is not how you build trust with clients period and results in complaints such as the agent who just wants to push advantage plans instead of going over all options, I would rather have a long term relationship with a client than risk complaints

And it's stories like this that make the news, not the story about the insurance agent who is standing in the front yard with an insured family as their house burns down or the agent who takes in customers into his own house after Katrina hits. And, instead of insurers telling these stories in their advertising, they spend billions promoting silly gimmicks like price guns.

I consider myself a very good agent with a lot of compassion. But I’ve never stood in a front yard with an insured family while their house burnt down. Is that really a thing?

I consider myself a very good agent with a lot of compassion. But I’ve never stood in a front yard with an insured family while their house burnt down. Is that really a thing?
I know a retired agent who sold fire polices for a debit company years ago. Said he used to go to every fire and mingle with the crowd, wondering aloud if the people had fire insurance, and then asking the other spectators if they had fire insurance on their property.. Must have worked, he was one of their leading agents in fire premiums and went on to become a district manager with them..

I know a retired agent who sold fire polices for a debit company years ago. Said he used to go to every fire and mingle with the crowd, wondering aloud if the people had fire insurance, and then asking the other spectators if they had fire insurance on their property.. Must have worked, he was one of their leading agents in fire premiums and went on to become a district manager with them..

Did he smell like gas and carry matches?

Back