American Continental

steveadlman

Guru
100+ Post Club
For agents who have written Medicare Supplement business with ACI do they have a good history of rate stability? Are they able to keep their annual rate increases between 5-10%

For agents who have written Medicare Supplement business with ACI do they have a good history of rate stability? Are they able to keep their annual rate increases between 5-10%

They are the best in my opinion. They actually reduced rates on existing business two years ago. It's unheard of. Most increases are single digits.

I have written a good portion of my med sup business with them. They appear to be pretty efficient. And pay pretty fast
Haven't been with them all that long to determine long term rate history. But they just had an increase. And are still competitive with Mutual of Omaha. And other plans in my area
Also seem to have conservative underwriting stance. Had a couple apps (non guarantee issue) declined. One I can't figure why

They pay full commission on even gi. But not on increases

Any other insights would be desired

Love them! Great Company, Great Service, Pay full commissions on all policies written (at least in Texas). I have had several members of my family written through them and their sister company, Continental Life Insurance Company for several years. Reasonable rate increases and great service. I currently write all of my business through them and am very happy with the service, reasonable rate increases, & timely payments of commissions and claims.

They were a little slow in issuing policies during the open enrollment period last year as thousands of people left Medicare Advantage and transferred to Medicare Supplements but they issued all policies without any problems.

Contact Steve Brooks, ElderCare Brokers, Hot Springs, Arkansas. You'll be glad you did. Tell him Gerald sent you!

Last edited:

They are the best in my opinion. They actually reduced rates on existing business two years ago. It's unheard of. Most increases are single digits.

Low rate increase's on overpriced business pretty common.

I doubt they will continue to have low single digit rate increases now that the have super low rates.

You can have one or the other low rates or low increase's
you will never have both for very long.

When it's the cheapest Med-Supp in your market and the only one paying full comp on GI business, then I think you can expect some pretty big future rate increases. This is only a prediction.

Having said that, I was pleased with the very modest increases they approved in my state recently.

i believe its a 8% increase average. (only one i know thats better is UHC) but never a double digit increase. good company. love their other products too. cancer products are solid and the life is good too.

Back