American Republic

Re: American Republic Insurance Company

Guess I will never make the lobster bisque requirement level.

Folks on the coast know how to make seafood. I take it people in CT don't have this dish.

Damn shame.

Re: she crab soup/shrimp and grits

Bob,
CT is a seafood state, especially where I am near the coast. However, we don't have that dish or my beloved shrimp & grits. There's a place in Hilton Head called Boathouse II (I think that's the name) that has the best shrimp and grits I've had.

New England seafood lacks the seasonings of low country cuisine.

No grits.

No she crab soup.

You folks don't know good eating.

Guess I will never make the lobster bisque requirement level.

Folks on the coast know how to make seafood. I take it people in CT don't have this dish.

Damn shame.

I'm vegan. They would have to make the lobster bisque without the lobster for me to try it.

Last edited:
I used to hear of them from time to time when I was living in Iowa twenty years ago. They are based in Des Moines.

Then, when I moved to TX in the early 1990's I talked to a local office about a broker contract, but it seemed like the major med {at that time} was overpriced. I never did get the contract and try to sell it, then the office kind of fizzled out here locally.

Now, they are trying to revamp things, build offices, jump into the "career agent" recruiting game. I have yet to meet with a local manager- but I may next week. I have gotten two recruiting letters in the past few months. They have a website. I have seen a few complaint sites where folks are complaining of huge rate increases. { what's new with health ins. premiums?}

I tend to shy away from career health agent type of stuff, I like life ins. better.

Back