And....hc.gov Appears to Be Down...

I have terminated NUMEROUS 2015 plans over the past weeks....
...effective 12/31/15.
Now, I can't get INTO the system (as a Broker) to terminate the rest of them.

If my client is LEAVING that company, I WANT their 2015 plan TERMINATED.
I do NOT want the client to continue to receive bills in the mail from their OLD 2015 insurance company.

And, I especially don't want the Passive Renewal Clients to GET that Passive Renewal that was FORCED upon them by the govt & their insurance company...if they have chosen to LEAVE that insurance company.

The biggest factor involved:
- What if the govt sends the OLD insurance company a tax credit for the Passive Renewal policy...that was renewed without client's consent...to be effective Jan 1st?
- AND the govt sends the NEW insurance company a tax credit for the NEW Actively-Chosen policy that starts on Jan 1st?

My client now owes the govt money BACK....for something they NEVER asked for. This is my MAJOR concern.

Maybe I should go back and re-scan this thread. I didn't realize that it had transitioned over to plan cancellation methods for trigging a SEP discussion.

yeah what a waste of good thread space too because in reality, I don't think it matters one damn bit (as to what your actual, real life experience is)

the key, the only key as best as I can tell, is having the smarts to know which boxes to check

just tell 'em what they want to know

sure, you're making application under oath, so to speak, but does anyone seriously think they even care? their goal is to get as many red-blooded Americans insured as possible, so as to inflate their politically motivated enrollment goals

so are they really going to send the IRS out to check on you to be sure your prior plan termination was involuntary or not?

doubt it.

just check the box.
get enrolled.
get paid.
play the game.

hi jbage...exactly! i agree 110%

you think if we do the sep 2 days from now if the websites are not up...we can just sep everyone for jan 1st effective date?

just tell 'em what they want to know

sure, you're making application under oath, so to speak, but does anyone seriously think they even care? their goal is to get as many red-blooded Americans insured as possible, so as to inflate their politically motivated enrollment goals

Scary statement because it's probably true.

Most (all?) currently insured QHP individual policy owners in the U.S.A. are being cancelled on 12/31/2015. Legally, they are facing an involuntary loss of coverage on that date. This creates a Special Enrollment Period, which enables a 1/1/2016 effective date.

I think you can obtain this 1/1/2016 effective date with applications that are submitted up to 60 days after 12/31/2015, under that particular "involuntary cancellation" SEP rule.

BTW...your clients and prospects can now log into/create accounts via the front door of HealthCare.gov and apply for 2016 coverage. It's back up.

Thanks, Allen.
Let's call them all & wake them up.
They might not have access in the morning.

It seems the new media is getting used to this game that CMS-HHS plays twice each year to get extensions. Barely any mention of today's Healthcare.gov issues.

Back