And....hc.gov Appears to Be Down...

Trick I used today to get a log in screen at .gov is to open one in each browser, explorer, firefox, and chrome, then wait until one times in, go with the first one active. Working fine so far.

G'night.

They have monkey-ed with the questions. I am seeing new ones on the double redirect that I have never seen before. A child has a short-term policy (limited benefits, expiring in like a month) and they said she was not CHIP eligible because she was on another plan and she was eligible for the state employee benefits plan. (mother does not work, father is self-employed) say what? First for me. I am going to go in and report a life change, that is not right.

Does everyone agree with me on this?

We can go into HC.gov.........via our Broker Log-in.......to Terminate a client's 2015 coverage effective 12/31/15...........until midnight EST on Dec 16th.

December 16th + 15 days = Dec 31st

We should be safe....doing this on Dec 16th, right?

We can go into HC.gov.........via our Broker Log-in.......to Terminate a client's 2015 coverage effective 12/31/15...........until midnight EST on Dec 16th.

Why do you need to terminate the 2015 if when you do a 2016 enrollment that will be the new one on file?

Why can't you terminate 2015 coverage up to 12/31/2015?

For one of mine that Sherpa says they must contact hc.gov, I am attempting to go through a direct enrollment tool with the carrier that they chose. So far I got in, found and pulled the Sherpa-started app (which was incomplete), and got about 2/3 of the way through the income information (which was completely empty) before it froze up on a please wait green circle screen. I am going to try again later.

Update: I was able to get in and submit through carrier with a pending Sherpa app.

Because in order to qualify for a "loss of coverage" SEP, the loss of coverage must be INVOLUNTARY.

Maybe I should go back and re-scan this thread. I didn't realize that it had transitioned over to plan cancellation methods for trigging a SEP discussion.

Back