Another Bomb Detonates for Cigna-HealthSpring

I sold some Healthspring around SE TN a few years ago. Also had some dealings with their management team in Chattanooga. Most of these guys were arrogant as hell and I hope they got fired.

I sold some Healthspring around SE TN a few years ago. Also had some dealings with their management team in Chattanooga. Most of these guys were arrogant as hell and I hope they got fired.

The one that came to visit in San Antonio (Reese Doyle or something like that) seemed to be a condescending, arrogant southern cracker to me. There was ONLY one (the El Paso/San Antonio broker manager) who seemed to be engaged and knew what he was doing. There was another EP broker manager who was also good, but stolen from a competitor while he was vacationing. The dregs seem to stick around.

I seem to recall hearing something about CMS gave people an SEP to switch from this plan if they wanted to. Was that not the case?
Letters did go out to their members notifying them of the sanctions, listing their offenses, and offering a special election to anyone who was affected by any of their transgressions. They had to enroll in a new plan through Medicare only. Some carriers were offering someway to give credit for those plan changes but I don't remember how that all worked.

They had to prove they were having some kind of problem with Cigna and then Medicare would grant the SEP and they had to enroll through them. Then you call the new carrier and tell them who it was and they make you agent of record and you get credit.

They had to prove they were having some kind of problem with Cigna and then Medicare would grant the SEP and they had to enroll through them. Then you call the new carrier and tell them who it was and they make you agent of record and you get credit.

Are you sure that's correct? It seems like those circumstances would apply with any carrier.

Back