Anybody Using a Standing Desk?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Are any of you using a standing desk? If so, which one and how do you like it? I've been considering one of these two options.

Standing Desks | VARIDESK®

or

Kangaroo Pro | Adjustable Height Desk - Ergo Desktop

My biggest concern is making sure it raises the keyboard and monitor to a comfortable position where I'm not having to bend over. Meaning I'd like the keyboard to be to where my arms are at about a 90 degree angle and my monitor at eye level. Of course, there are variables that can cause this to be different for everyone (i.e. - height of current desk and how tall a person is).

Any others someone might recommend considering?

Are any of you using a standing desk? If so, which one and how do you like it? I've been considering one of these two options.

Standing Desks | VARIDESK®

or

Kangaroo Pro | Adjustable Height Desk - Ergo Desktop

My biggest concern is making sure it raises the keyboard and monitor to a comfortable position where I'm not having to bend over. Meaning I'd like the keyboard to be to where my arms are at about a 90 degree angle and my monitor at eye level. Of course, there are variables that can cause this to be different for everyone (i.e. - height of current desk and how tall a person is).

Any others someone might recommend considering?

I believe Nic West (picnic) built his own. He posted some pics on a different forum. Looks pretty cool. Thought about doing that as a credenza behind or next to my desk so that I can switch back and forth.

I'm all for saving money, but I think I'll stick with a more professional look.

I was only kidding about the cinder blocks. but raising a desk in 2016 shouldn't require $400-500 worth of technology... aren't there any solutions out there for about half of that that would still look professional?

I was only kidding about the cinder blocks. but raising a desk in 2016 shouldn't require $400-500 worth of technology... aren't there any solutions out there for about half of that that would still look professional?

Well, that's part of why I'm here asking. I've found the two I linked to in my original post. So if you come up with any then let me know.

----------

You dont like the shorts?

It's not the shorts I have a problem with, it's the legs that bother me.

Back