Anyone doing seminars at venues ?

I did educational Medicare seminars for the local hospital every month for 7-years. They would do the mailers and fill the auditorium and I would speak. No meals. No give always.
That is the first place I would check. They have a community outreach person that needs to book things like that. But you have to do it as a service. No sales pitch at all. I didn’t even pass out business cards unless people asked for one.

This is part of my long term plan as I become a GA or whatever its called. Would love to hear peoples advice.

Currently I am thinking a "First Saturday" monthly education event <somewhere>. Not sure if in the damn office I am going to get or a breakfast place, but open to either. Limit it to 20 people, so my cost is under $500. That takes 2 people to break even for FYC on Med Supp. That's reasonable. Going to commit to it for 12 months and then re-evaluate if its worth my time and effort.

I'm primarily doing it for the downline agents (first person will be my son) to get some experience and clients.

This is part of my long term plan as I become a GA or whatever its called. Would love to hear peoples advice.

Currently I am thinking a "First Saturday" monthly education event <somewhere>. Not sure if in the damn office I am going to get or a breakfast place, but open to either. Limit it to 20 people, so my cost is under $500. That takes 2 people to break even for FYC on Med Supp. That's reasonable. Going to commit to it for 12 months and then re-evaluate if its worth my time and effort.

I'm primarily doing it for the downline agents (first person will be my son) to get some experience and clients.

Can you really limit the number of people that show up?

What is the best time of day to hold these meetings? Trying to avoid people just coming for a free meal.

Usually at night, 6 ish. You’ll catch the people that get off of work. That said, it’s tough to do late at a restaurant because that is their busy time.

Sure, I have one tomorrow. 8 RSVPs, and I had 12 yesterday. I’m doing libraries right now though, no food.

At this point, I know you've got a large book.

How are you handling AEP service? I'm not doing any marketing right now, because what's coming in via referral is enough. I can't handle any more during AEP.

At this point, I know you've got a large book.

How are you handling AEP service? I'm not doing any marketing right now, because what's coming in via referral is enough. I can't handle any more during AEP.

Most of my work is my med Supp biz. It’s a lot of work to run their meds for part d plans. I’d say 50% of my book is med Supp so I’m still able to handle aep. I have an assistant but she only helps by entering their meds into sunfire.

I still don’t consider myself as having a large book. I do anywhere from 10-20 t65 biz a month during non aep months.

Most of my work is my med Supp biz. It’s a lot of work to run their meds for part d plans. I’d say 50% of my book is med Supp so I’m still able to handle aep. I have an assistant but she only helps by entering their meds into sunfire.

I still don’t consider myself as having a large book. I do anywhere from 10-20 t65 biz a month during non aep months.

Why would you have any more work running drugs on pdp than drugs on mapd . If your shopping there pdp yearly aren’t you shopping their mapd plans yearly for better drug prices
? Plus once the drugs in sunfire they stay there year to year . So easy shopping around and adjusting a few drugs .

Can you really limit the number of people that show up?

Yes. If you only have so many spots in your location, it can be a fire hazard.

If I have a conference room that only seats 20 people, I can absolutely say.. that time slot is filled.. here's another.

Why would you have any more work running drugs on pdp than drugs on mapd . If your shopping there pdp yearly aren’t you shopping their mapd plans yearly for better drug prices
? Plus once the drugs in sunfire they stay there year to year . So easy shopping around and adjusting a few drugs .

Nope, I don’t shop their meds for PDP. The phone call goes like this, “how has your MAPD been?” It’s either I hate it or it’s working fine. If they hate it, we’ll shop it, if they like it, I’ll tell them I suggest staying put because we picked that plan for a reason. The MAPD will let them know if they aren’t covering one of their expensive drugs the next year.

For my med Supp clients, the drug plans change way too much from year to year. New preferred networks, higher premiums, copay changing to a %. I just don’t see that with MAPD.

Back