Anyone Ever Speak to a Congregation?

images

In my experience, a lot of the people that fill out cards are church goers. If an agent isn't taking advantage of every possible opportunity they're leaving money on the table.

I rate my clients from a 1-3. 1 has the most potential to give referrals. 3 is the least potential to give referrals.

Those with a 1 get followed up with every month. Those with a 2 get followed up with every 2 months. Those with a 3 get followed up with every 3 months.

All I am going to reveal is those that are faithful church goers automatically get a 1. ;)

Hey Michael. Why did it take you 10 days to send a reply email saying your leads aren't for sale???? Be ethical and reply back. Being shady does you more harm then good. Learn from your mistakes

To the OP...

I have NOT done one of these events yet so I can't speak from experience like some others. However...I would not use scripture or any other type of preaching. I'd leave that entirely to the pastor/preacher. If you were invited by a leader of a congregation to talk about the benefits of insurance to pay for final expenses then THAT is what I would talk about...only. I'd also keep it brief.

FTR, I'm Mormon/LDS also and some of the other opinions expressed on this forum from members of my faith do not represent the opinions/beliefs of all Mormons. I'm pretty sure that person originally posted in a joking manner. If I was in a congregation listening to someone that I knew sells a particular product (life insurance) by using scripture to preach about buying it, then I'd feel insulted. Using scripture to preach about selling anything would likely be perceived as manipulation. Also, it's been implied that Mormon's might buy into some sales tactics as if we're all the same...we're not.

I wasn't advocating "Christortion" in any way. (Christortion is the term of using one's beliefs to manipulate people to do things they don't want to do, while infusing guilt into the conversation because "you believe, so you should do this".)

I was talking about building relationships and showing commonality using a common thread of Biblical gospel truths that are generally universally accepted among most Christian faiths. In addition to using those truths to help dispel the common objections that some believers tend to think to avoid doing any planning.

Yes, some of my posts on this were in jest. (I wouldn't call anyone a wicked and slothful servant - at least not directly - for not choosing to meet with me.) However, having served my LDS mission in the South (Tennessee, Virginia, and Kentucky)... it's quite helpful to build bridges and rapport with people to show what you have in common, rather than differences. One can always say "the way I interpret that scripture is..."

Let's also keep in mind that in LDS/Mormon culture, we don't do ANY business promotion from the pulpit or any time on Sundays in any official capacity. To do so would probably be against the handbook, but also be out-of-place. (That's not to say it isn't done on a one-on-one basis, but certainly not in any 'official' capacity.) We may have other workshops or classes that may focus on some of these, but it simply isn't appropriate in our congregations. If it is done at all, it is generic in nature with the offer for individual help if they want it.

But by building bridges and relationships, that can go farther than not doing so. It all depends on your style, your own beliefs and convictions, and comfort in doing so. I wouldn't have any problem doing it for a Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, or any other congregation, as long as we kept it to commonalities. (I certainly wouldn't start quoting Book of Mormon verses, such as Jacob, Chapter 2. While most would probably agree with the sentiment, it's better to stay on familiar territory.)

To each his own.

Back