Anyone Ever Speak to a Congregation?

Has anyone actually spoken to a church like this foe FE and gotten business from it

I have. I wouldn't call them "fleet sales". Just two or three sales each time I've done it.

The first time I did it was for a womens group of a Catholic church. Those groups rotate a dinner party at their home for about 25 women each month and the host has to provide a speaker. I was called in in a panic move when their planned speaker had to cancel (that's actually how most of mine have happened. ) i just give a brief over view of what I do (Funeral preplanning, life insurance, Med Sups,etc. ). Then take questions.

Another group was all the leaders of a large church. The finance committee, parish council, etc. there were probably 30 people at that one. Same format.

Just two or three, maybe four sales each time. But they are already pre-sold on buying from you when they meet. It's a great way to be positioned as an expert in front of people.

If someone enjoys speaking to groups (I don't) they could find a way to make a good living getting in front of groups and then networking them more effectively. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure there are people out there doing well with it.

This is what you said, "Most other places make you buy 50-60 per week to hit those numbers." I simply asked you name one. That shouldn't be that hard if "most" require it to name just one.

As for Newby, he didn't say anything about using or not using religion to make a sale. He was talking about the subject of the topic and speaking to the church group. So yes, you did take it out of context.

Then I corrected it since no IMO can MAKE an agent do anything. I do know of several agents that buy a very high amount of DM leads and consider themselves a high producer when you are doing the same amount of premium or more than they are with 1/5th of the leads.

As far as Newby goes, he does just fine speaking for himself. Me and him already cleared this up. He said he would never speak religion to a client in a million years. I was just curious how he got around that with KSKJ and he explained. Thanks for looking out for Newby though.

We just had a local pharmacist invited to our church for a meet and greet after morning service. The only pharmacy in town! Im not sure how effective he thought it was, but he did get alot of questions and was able to build some relationships.

I imagine as an agent, you'd do the same thing. "Hey, Ive been doing this for a long time, and Im here to help if you need it." The credibility of the minister should be enough to get people to trust you.

A seminar located at a church, would need more structure than that however.

i feel like i would burst into flames if I set foot in a church

jWRze.gif

Naw.. He knows you outside the church the same as inside.

----------

If you absolutely have to have a scripture to quote, use 1st Timothy 5:*, "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."

Years ago wherever I ran into someone that said, "God will take care of my family".. I would tell them that God has provided you a way to take care of your family at your death just as he provided you way to take care of them while you are alive." and then quote Timothy... Did it ever work? Not that I remember. I don't use it anymore.

It is sort of like trying to gt around the objection, "I am not going to die. The Lord is coming back soon and I am going to be raptured." You can explain to them the apostles expected his return 2000 years ago and yet they died until you are blue in the face but they won't change their minds.

Then I corrected it since no IMO can MAKE an agent do anything. I do know of several agents that buy a very high amount of DM leads and consider themselves a high producer when you are doing the same amount of premium or more than they are with 1/5th of the leads.

As far as Newby goes, he does just fine speaking for himself. Me and him already cleared this up. He said he would never speak religion to a client in a million years. I was just curious how he got around that with KSKJ and he explained. Thanks for looking out for Newby though.

I was speaking for me. I don't know who the hell you speak for.

You didn't correct anything. If you are now saying you misspoke then it is corrected now?

As for Newby, you took him out of context to make a slam and now you continue to take his response out of context.

I don't know if it's on purpose or if you truly have a comprehension problem.

Naw.. He knows you outside the church the same as inside.

----------

If you absolutely have to have a scripture to quote, use 1st Timothy 5:*, "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."

Years ago wherever I ran into someone that said, "God will take care of my family".. I would tell them that God has provided you a way to take care of your family at your death just as he provided you way to take care of them while you are alive." and then quote Timothy... Did it ever work? Not that I remember. I don't use it anymore.

It is sort of like trying to gt around the objection, "I am not going to die. The Lord is coming back soon and I am going to be raptured." You can explain to them the apostles expected his return 2000 years ago and yet they died until you are blue in the face but they won't change their minds.

Crazy is as crazy does. Sometimes there is simply NO sale. But unless you have something to SAY when they mention some of these things, they don't have anything NEW to consider for the possibility of changing their mind.

I'd chalk it up to a kind of mental illness and that it wasn't my fault that they didn't buy.

Crazy is as crazy does. Sometimes there is simply NO sale. But unless you have something to SAY when they mention some of these things, they don't have anything NEW to consider for the possibility of changing their mind.

I'd chalk it up to a kind of mental illness and that it wasn't my fault that they didn't buy.

Just how many applications have you sold by doing these church deals? FE or otherwise?

As far as the discussion of how many leads agents need to take per week, Travis has never changed from day one. He has always said that any agent that gets 20 direct mail FE leads weekly should average $4,000 per week with proper training. And he leads by example. He has done from day one with Fex.

I personally think his number should be 25 leads weekly for the average agent but he stands rock solid on his number.

There is a phrase, often incorrectly attributed to Albert Einstein.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I learned a long time ago, when someone starts spouting garbage like that, it is time to move on. They are entitled to their beliefs and I am entitled not to waste time on them.

One of the things that escapes so many agents and managers, there are tons of prospects out there. Instead of trying to sell everyone, become better at finding those who want to buy.

Back