Anyone familiar with PolicyShopper.com?

How is there a hippaa violation? What's the difference between doing it on the phone or in person? If I'm training someone and I bring them on an appointment with me, is that a hippaa violation? No. You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Further, he's not recording anyone. Its live. Think conference call. Also, I don't think policyshopper caters to new agents. . So you're "2%" theory is likely out the window. I think people need to be a little more objective on here. More than half the people on here are looking for handouts and don't want to work. Ever notice how any thread about any company or leads etc. . Is filled with excuses and the popular phrase, 'run away, far far away' . . Insert rolling eyes smiley here. Fact is, don't knock unless you've tried it and gave it your all. Most of the people on here could be led to water but wouldn't drink it.

If you're training someone and meeting with client in person the client obviously knows and agrees that you and the trainee will hear their medical information.

If you're on the phone with a client you'd have to state that a trainee was also on the phone listening to the conversation.

And I stated before in this thread that new agents should simply shop around. There are many Assurant GAs and GR key brokers offering 20% contracts along with training and support and not charging any fees.

Kamp - are you really telling me you see no issue with other agents listening in on a call when the client isn't aware of it?

No problem with me whatsoever. That's how you train people. I've never seen or heard any hippaa rule or reg that states you must make people aware that a trainee is on the call. In addition, any phone sale is just the marketing of the product. The applicant fills out the app online and may be walked through it. Most people are hesitant to blurt out that info over the phone anyway. I have no qualms with the process they use and see no violations. Unless these agents are able to view their mib, its legit.

If it's not an issue then simply let your client know that others are listening in on the call. Problem solved.

And whether there's a law or not shouldn't dictate your ethical code. If you called me right now and we had a 30 minute conversation, then I came to find out later your entire office heard the conversation I'd be highly upset.

. Further, he's not recording anyone. Its live.

He does record the training sessions for his agents to go back and listen to they are in the agent center. You can see on the screen through iboomerange web conferencing tool the people or the sales trainer himself type in the people's personal information during the live training and then you can go back and watch it again.

Some states are "one party consent" and others are "all party consent."

That would make a difference. The vast majority of states (I think) are "two party consent".

"The federal law makes it unlawful to record telephone conversations
except in one party consent cases which permit one party consent
recording by state law."

DISCLAIMER-I am not a lawyer. I am a goat herder, which still gives me more legal knowledge than a PPL rep.

Chumps, do milk your goats in order to make cheese? I hear that goat cheese is fantastic and healthy, too. How much do you charge for a pound of goat cheese? Are the shipping costs from Lebanon extra?

Good questions arn. I don't personally milk my goats, unless they ask. And yes, goat cheese is very healthy...quite lean and great with Oreos.

$8.50 per pound for the cheese. Unfortunately, there is an extra $250 shipping charge. $200 of that goes to those pesky Syrians, who won't leave us alone.

For full details...click on the link...if you dare.

http://files.mlb.com/mitchrpt.pdf

Gosh Chumps, that shipping charge is hefty. I think I'll stick with goat cheese from Whole Foods Market. WFM isn't cheap, but I can avoid that shipping charge.

BTW, 409 pages!! I wonder why the guy who ran Balco never got more than a slap on the wrist?

Last edited:
Can someone explain the scam to me? Yes, you pay $349 initially, but that's for telemarketed leads. You get the money back if you make 16 apps in 60 days. You get 20% commission for Assurant and 18 1/2 for Golden Rule and i'm sure the other contracts are comparable. I am strongly considering joining them by the first of the year once I get a couple of out of state licenses. If you make 5 apps a week they will give you 20 telemarketed leads a week. There's training, etc. Where's the scam and how can you do better by yourself?
TODAY IS APRIL 28..WHAT IS THE CURENT SKINNY ON POLICYSHOPPER.COM??
TIM TAFFE IOWA CITY

Back