Anyone familiar with PolicyShopper.com?

I know a lot of agency owners and what I'll spend the next few days doing is finding out who's offering what. I know there are many agencies offering 20% Assurant and GR contracts with no fees and training. I'll post them. If Assurant GAs are touting leads it's most likely the LEGS program. If you want my opinion on LEGS leads just PM me.

And now, a few words from “the horses mouth”!

My name is Warren Roche from www.policyshopper.com

I’d like to address some of the remarks made here, point by point:

On 09-13-07 ZackBoy90 wrote: “It almost seems too good to be true, especially the promise of free, exclusive leads...

Warren writes: Simply put, it is all true, exactly and precisely as delineated here:

www.policyshopper.com/opportunity2.html

On 09-13-07 MHart wrote: Yes I use to be a part of them run far away they give you less commission then you deserve they are a recruiting are for NIA (National Insurance Agency) If you want to PM I will give you more details

Warren writes: Mark Hart wants you to PM him because he is interested in recruiting you. He has put himself into competition with me. Mark is an interesting character. When I met him the GA that recruited him wouldn’t give Mark the time of day. I took pity on Mark and, for a time, at my invitation he joined in my weekly training calls. I did this at the time knowing that I would get no override on his production as that went to the GA who had recruited him

Mark has been in the business about 1 year. I recruit for my partnership with Jay Horowitz who trains the agents I bring in. Jay is, if not the largest, certainly one of the largest producing independent health insurance agents in the United States. He has been in health insurance since 1981. Jay has founded and sold insurance agencies. Jay once hosted a radio talk show called “Insurance Beat” offering expert insurance advice to the publicon the radio. Jay has personally worked with the insurance regulators in Tallahassee offering them advice on how to best clean up the insurance industry in Florida

Training for our agents consists of their attending a conference call once or twice a week. After housekeeping is finished, everyone on the call across the country puts their phones on mute and makes like flies on the wall listening to THE MASTER, Jay Horowitz, set appointments and makes sales LIVE, while it is happening

It would appear that Mark isn’t real keen on taking advice but is “Johnny On the Spot” when it comes to giving it. Who would you rather take advice from? Mark Hart, celebrating the beginning of his 2nd year in health insurance or Jay Horowitz?

On 09-13-07 K-Dub wrote: “contracts seem to be a little below the norm

Warren writes: The contracts are all standard, street level contracts, no different than the one that, for example, Mark Hart had with Assurant at the early part of this very year. However, what we offer is TONS of training and support not found at other organizations offering the same contract levels as we do

On 09-14-07 ZackBoy90 wrote: “The guys that are pushing it used to work on “Wall Street”, selling stocks to people all over the country (ever seen Boiler Room?).

Warren writes: First, the Wall Street background is mine and not Jay’s. Second, the only thing wrong with what the boys in “Boiler Room” were doing is the products they were selling were fictitious. But the one thing they knew how to do was SELL!!! They had to because they were selling garbage!!! We don’t sell garbage. We sell the top names in the industry’ United Healthcare, Assurant, Humana etc

On 09-15-07 Consultant/Super Genius wrote:You have to ask yourself a few questions to see if this is for you.

1. Do you already have a system that works and appointed with insurance companies directly?

2. Do you already have a fair amount of education in the products you want to sell

3. If no or not really to both then you have to wonder

What's a % less each application vs not making any applications. Especially if it looks like you can move through a lot of prospects it may be worth it for you. Good luck and let us know what happens

Warren writes: Consultant hit the proverbial nail right on the head! We have a “SYSTEM”! You are taught by the BEST in the business!!! I, personally, gave up points on my contracts to join this organization!!! I did that because I was able to help create a SYSTEM that we teach systematically to our agents!! That’s why what appears to be “less” is actually “MUCH MORE” in terms of dollars and cents in YOUR pocket!

On 10-15-07 cruhm71 wrote: I would have to agree with the consultant. I contacted policyshopper and Warren the founder will answer any questions. I do not think he is recruiting for NIA, I think he is competing against them with a similar platform. There is an initial investment that is refundable with production. I told Warren I thought it sounded to good to be true. His response: If you work their system, it works for you. If you do not, then it does not work.

I think you should network yourself and not rely on the free leads, use them as a bonus. Pick up a few other carriers they do not represent. Bottom line: It's your business and life. If you want the facts, call each of the comapnies-NIA and Policyshopper and get the facts. Ask them why you should pick one or the other and you may realize you do not need either>

I would keep an open mind, not a narrow mind approach!

Warren writes: that was so well put

For the record, Jay Horowitz and myself are General Agents. We are an elite group of several hundred agents who, In turn, utilize National Insurance Agency (NIA) as our managing general agent. NIA manages back office functions for THOUSANDS of agents. One thing that Mark Hart doesn’t know is since NIA has seen the success of the program I developed at www.policyshopper.com, NIA has decided to implement the same structure themselves, as seen at www.nationalinsuranceagency.biz. However, agents at www.policyshopper.com get the additional benefits of a treasure trove of support found in the “Agent Center” at policyshopper.com. Take note that www.nationalinsuranceagency.biz does not have an agent center at all! Jay and I work one on one with policyshopper.com agents. Not so with all other NIA agents. If that helps to clear things up, great! If not, feel free to call me at any time I am always accessible!

On 10-15-07 James C Combs wrote: Hello MHart - what can you tell me about " policyshopper.com " ( ? ) I am looking to get back in the industry, I am already licensed and thier offer does sound good ( perhaps too good ? ) - please advise – thanks

On 10-17-07 MHart wrote: Don't believe he is competing against since he has his contract with NIA. But he is just offering smaller contracts so that you can be trained by a NIA agent named Jay

Warren writes: The contract levels are identical going through www.policyshopper.com versus www.nationalinsuranceagency.biz. The difference is you get a higher level of support from www.policyshopper.com than you do going directly through NIA.

MHart continues: but if you went directly with NIA you would get a higher contract. Warren writes: Not true. Again, I will reference www.nationalinsuranceagency.biz

To be continued....

Warren Roche
[email protected]
policyshopper.com - shopping for the best insurance values for our clients
215-701-9045

Warren,

Nice post. Right now I'm having trouble finding your agency, Colorado Protection LLC, on the Colorado DOI Website.

When I run an agency search with all agencies starting with "Colorado" I do not see any "Colorado Protection" registered as an agency.

DOI web searches are often incomplete so would you mind providing us with your agency license number?

Yes, I also saw that. I'm referring to the agency. My licenses is RPI198305 but my agency's is RPF9991849. In MD if you go by a DBA you have to file as an agency, same as Colorado. I simply don't see the agency name in a search.

Last edited:
Would like to know who I am recruiting for and who I have recruited on this board or who I have attempted to recruit? I am soley independent and do not use a marketing arm. I write my own business. What Warren doesn't explain is how he wanted me to move to Colorado and start a business with him and his true business model that he wanted to use was Health Benefits Direct. He can attack my character all he wants but when he tells you he took pitty on me why would someone want someone to move to colorodo or be head of something in california for his master business plan of creating a telephone operating room and hiring newbies at salaries and paying them to sell the plans under his agent number.

As far as training isn't illegal to record calls if someone doesn't give permission and against hippa laws. Especially when the flies on the wall are listening to a sales presentation. Where the prospect is giving health conditions, SSN and payment information over the phone. Correct me if I am wrong on this? Also the people do not even know 60 people are listening and are not granting permission. No one in the right mind would allow this.

I have no idea if he's doing that. But if he is indeed allowing agents to listen in on actual client calls and the client doesn't know other agents are listening that would be something the DOI would be interested in knowing - also the insurance carriers.

States differ. In MD it's illegal to record any phone conversations without the consent of both parties. Even if you got the consent of the client I'm pretty sure Mrs. Smith doesn't want a recording played where she discusses her ovarian cyst to a bunch of new agents.

But instead of accusing without all the facts I'd appreciate it if Warren would talk about this sentence on his site:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You will also sit in on LIVE sales presentations given by sales pros as though you were the proverbial "fly on the wall"!

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1) Are clients aware other people are listening in?
2) Do clients consent to being recorded?
3) How do the HIPAA privacy laws come into play?
[/FONT]

He's properly licensed to sell insurance but I simply don't see his agency registered on the CO DOI website. That by no means insinuates that his agency is not registered - I'm simply asking a question.

If you go by an agency name you have to register a DBA or "trade name" with the DOI. You can't just wing it and call yourself "Modern Health Agency" because you feel like it. I have Maryland Health Plans registered as my trade name which was free - but I still had to fill out and remit the form.

If you actually file as an agency likely you'll have a separate license number. However, you don't actually have to file as an agency - you can also file a trade name in which you'll likely keep your same number however it shows up on the DOI search as a registered agency.

A lot of DOI sites are horrible for running searches - they are incomplete and riddled with errors. So I'm simply asking a question.

Warren mentioned a person named Jay Horowitz as a general agent working with him and doing the training, I checked the Colorado DOI website and the only Jay Horowitz that shows up is listed as Inactive as of 01/31/2007 with an address in Delray Beach, FL (CO License #259642). What gives?

I'm personally more interested in this thing about having agents listen in on actual client calls and whether or not the clients know their conversations are being either recorded or heard by other parties without their consent.

It sounds like their heart is in the right place - only looking to help new agents understand how to talk to prospects but it's likely a HIPAA violation.

I also like the refund on the $395 fee if they average "1.8 deals per week." I think every GA in the country knows exactly how many newly hired agents will remit 2 deals per week for 2 months straight - about 2%.

So that's not a bad way to make a living - find 5 agents a week to cough up the fee and you're cranking in 2 grand a week without anyone writing a deal.

Heck, and here I thought UGA was stroking charging newbies $240.

Back