Anyone familiar with PolicyShopper.com?

It looks like NIA and PolicyShopper is one in the same.

National Insurance Agency Jay Horowitz is the national trainer

Who knows, I read some of the info on PolicyShopper.com and it seems like it's not all that bad of a deal in my opinion. Obviously the negative is the commission payouts and upfront fee.

If you're a real producer you already have larger commissions than those and if you're new you probably aren't wanting to plop down $350 to get appointed.

No one is going to give you the MAGIC BEAN in this business. People that are sucessful generally don't tell you exactly what they are doing in fear that you are going to do the same thing.

From personal experience I would go with Health Choice One, they actually have useful training and are not setup to be giant churn and burn. I've been on a couple of those "training calls" and I ran away after listening to the high pressure border line unethical selling tactics.

Buyer Beware!

One of the most important considerations in my opinion, is signing a contract with a General Agency that has a "no transfer clause".

The one I am currently reading states: "No transfer to another Time Insurance Company(Assurant) will be approved within 180 days of the initial appointment or date of last transfer was effective."

If you join an agency and it does not live up to it's responsibilities then you could seriously jeopardize your financial situation.

That means you are out of business for 6 months unless you are selling other policies.(assuming they don't have a no transfer clause)

Health Choice One, does not have these clauses.

Good Hunting,

TMT

One of the most important considerations in my opinion, is signing a contract with a General Agency that has a "no transfer clause".

The one I am currently reading states: "No transfer to another Time Insurance Company(Assurant) will be approved within 180 days of the initial appointment or date of last transfer was effective."

If you join an agency and it does not live up to it's responsibilities then you could seriously jeopardize your financial situation.

That means you are out of business for 6 months unless you are selling other policies.(assuming they don't have a no transfer clause)

Health Choice One, does not have these clauses.

Good Hunting,

TMT

There have not been any posts for awhile. Any update on Policyshopper.com

or Health Choice One?

I have been out of the business for awhile, and am thinking about getting back in.

My plan was to find someone like HCO, but policyshopper does seem to have a good starting package.

I do not know how vesting and renewals works, or if they still will refuse transfering to another GA.

Any help will be appreciated.

:biggrin:

Do not sign on with any agency if:

1) You do not own your business from day 1...in writing
2) They charge any kind of "fee."
3) They will not release you (unless you're in the hole)
4) They cannot contract you through all the main players; GR, Assurant, Humana, World, Aetna, etc...

Paying ANYONE to work for them has to be the dumbest idea on the planet, unless, of course, you're the guy who's getting paid.

Seriously...

The thing is; captive agencies; the BLC and so forth, while representing themselves as a "job" paying $100,000 a year, will end up expensing a new agent to death and not give them ANY leads. The dumb fool newbies are on the phone calling the "turning 65 list," and in GlenGary Glen Ross style, working years old leads!

I bet you will have $429 in the deal at those places in a heartbeat.

This of course needs to judged on ITS merits, but it is sure better than the captives.

Back