Anyone familiar with PolicyShopper.com?

I just got off the phone with NIA.... they have the same upfront $349 fee, but pays a little more commissions. To me, both companies sound good just depends on you level of comfort.

I agree with you, MHart. Why would anyone want to pay upfront to be able to sell the agency products? I did that with NASE and Primerica when I was a newby----never again!

If you're a new guy, who still needs training, and you want to sell over the 'net and policy shopper and NIA aren't the people to go through, is there a recommended organization?

Thanks

I agree with you, MHart. Why would anyone want to pay upfront to be able to sell the agency products? I did that with NASE and Primerica when I was a newby----never again!

If you're a new guy, who still needs training, and you want to sell over the 'net and policy shopper and NIA aren't the people to go through, is there a recommended organization?

Thanks

Anyone? Anyone at all? If not, policyshopper/NIA it is!

Paying ANYONE to work for them has to be the dumbest idea on the planet, unless, of course, you're the guy who's getting paid.

Seriously...

And now, a few words from “the horses mouth”!

My name is Warren Roche from www.policyshopper.com

I’d like to address some of the remarks made here, point by point:

On 09-13-07 ZackBoy90 wrote: “It almost seems too good to be true, especially the promise of free, exclusive leads...

Warren writes: Simply put, it is all true, exactly and precisely as delineated here:

www.policyshopper.com/opportunity2.html

On 09-13-07 MHart wrote: Yes I use to be a part of them run far away they give you less commission then you deserve they are a recruiting are for NIA (National Insurance Agency) If you want to PM I will give you more details

Warren writes: Mark Hart wants you to PM him because he is interested in recruiting you. He has put himself into competition with me. Mark is an interesting character. When I met him the GA that recruited him wouldn’t give Mark the time of day. I took pity on Mark and, for a time, at my invitation he joined in my weekly training calls. I did this at the time knowing that I would get no override on his production as that went to the GA who had recruited him

Mark has been in the business about 1 year. I recruit for my partnership with Jay Horowitz who trains the agents I bring in. Jay is, if not the largest, certainly one of the largest producing independent health insurance agents in the United States. He has been in health insurance since 1981. Jay has founded and sold insurance agencies. Jay once hosted a radio talk show called “Insurance Beat” offering expert insurance advice to the publicon the radio. Jay has personally worked with the insurance regulators in Tallahassee offering them advice on how to best clean up the insurance industry in Florida

Training for our agents consists of their attending a conference call once or twice a week. After housekeeping is finished, everyone on the call across the country puts their phones on mute and makes like flies on the wall listening to THE MASTER, Jay Horowitz, set appointments and makes sales LIVE, while it is happening

It would appear that Mark isn’t real keen on taking advice but is “Johnny On the Spot” when it comes to giving it. Who would you rather take advice from? Mark Hart, celebrating the beginning of his 2nd year in health insurance or Jay Horowitz?

On 09-13-07 K-Dub wrote: “contracts seem to be a little below the norm

Warren writes: The contracts are all standard, street level contracts, no different than the one that, for example, Mark Hart had with Assurant at the early part of this very year. However, what we offer is TONS of training and support not found at other organizations offering the same contract levels as we do

On 09-14-07 ZackBoy90 wrote: “The guys that are pushing it used to work on “Wall Street”, selling stocks to people all over the country (ever seen Boiler Room?).

Warren writes: First, the Wall Street background is mine and not Jay’s. Second, the only thing wrong with what the boys in “Boiler Room” were doing is the products they were selling were fictitious. But the one thing they knew how to do was SELL!!! They had to because they were selling garbage!!! We don’t sell garbage. We sell the top names in the industry’ United Healthcare, Assurant, Humana etc

On 09-15-07 Consultant/Super Genius wrote:You have to ask yourself a few questions to see if this is for you.

1. Do you already have a system that works and appointed with insurance companies directly?

2. Do you already have a fair amount of education in the products you want to sell

3. If no or not really to both then you have to wonder

What's a % less each application vs not making any applications. Especially if it looks like you can move through a lot of prospects it may be worth it for you. Good luck and let us know what happens

Warren writes: Consultant hit the proverbial nail right on the head! We have a “SYSTEM”! You are taught by the BEST in the business!!! I, personally, gave up points on my contracts to join this organization!!! I did that because I was able to help create a SYSTEM that we teach systematically to our agents!! That’s why what appears to be “less” is actually “MUCH MORE” in terms of dollars and cents in YOUR pocket!

On 10-15-07 cruhm71 wrote: I would have to agree with the consultant. I contacted policyshopper and Warren the founder will answer any questions. I do not think he is recruiting for NIA, I think he is competing against them with a similar platform. There is an initial investment that is refundable with production. I told Warren I thought it sounded to good to be true. His response: If you work their system, it works for you. If you do not, then it does not work.

I think you should network yourself and not rely on the free leads, use them as a bonus. Pick up a few other carriers they do not represent. Bottom line: It's your business and life. If you want the facts, call each of the comapnies-NIA and Policyshopper and get the facts. Ask them why you should pick one or the other and you may realize you do not need either>

I would keep an open mind, not a narrow mind approach!

Warren writes: that was so well put

For the record, Jay Horowitz and myself are General Agents. We are an elite group of several hundred agents who, In turn, utilize National Insurance Agency (NIA) as our managing general agent. NIA manages back office functions for THOUSANDS of agents. One thing that Mark Hart doesn’t know is since NIA has seen the success of the program I developed at www.policyshopper.com, NIA has decided to implement the same structure themselves, as seen at www.nationalinsuranceagency.biz. However, agents at www.policyshopper.com get the additional benefits of a treasure trove of support found in the “Agent Center” at policyshopper.com. Take note that www.nationalinsuranceagency.biz does not have an agent center at all! Jay and I work one on one with policyshopper.com agents. Not so with all other NIA agents. If that helps to clear things up, great! If not, feel free to call me at any time I am always accessible!

On 10-15-07 James C Combs wrote: Hello MHart - what can you tell me about " policyshopper.com " ( ? ) I am looking to get back in the industry, I am already licensed and thier offer does sound good ( perhaps too good ? ) - please advise – thanks

On 10-17-07 MHart wrote: Don't believe he is competing against since he has his contract with NIA. But he is just offering smaller contracts so that you can be trained by a NIA agent named Jay

Warren writes: The contract levels are identical going through www.policyshopper.com versus www.nationalinsuranceagency.biz. The difference is you get a higher level of support from www.policyshopper.com than you do going directly through NIA.

MHart continues: but if you went directly with NIA you would get a higher contract. Warren writes: Not true. Again, I will reference www.nationalinsuranceagency.biz

To be continued....

Warren Roche
[email protected]
policyshopper.com - shopping for the best insurance values for our clients
215-701-9045

... continued:

Mhart continues: So I guess you can say Warren is the middle man trying to get a override and charging for you to join his organization.

Warren writes: Not very polite Mark. Warren (myself) works his behind off to provide a level of support to my agents not found anywhere in the industry.

MHart continues: I know this for a fact because I have contacted NIA and they offered me bigger contracts then Warren and I did not have to pay the 349 dollars to join.

Warren writes: Mark is either misinformed and is, in turn, misinforming you or his information is simply out of date. Either way, he is just flat WRONG

MHart continues: Also the online training you get that with NIA as well just not at a price. Also they told me that if I wanted to recruit and put people under me I could for smaller contracts I could so that is what Warren is doing.

Warren writes: Not exactly what I am doing. I have partnered with one of THE BEST in the business to provide training. What you get with Mark is, well..... Mark!!!

MHart continues: I am not affiliated with either company but was affiliated with Warren when he was known as virtualhealthagents.com. Warren is new to health insurance only has had his licenses a few months longer then me and I am going on one year.

Warren writes”: Again, not true. I was first licensed to sell health and life insurance in 1990. The current entity I conduct business under has been in existence since June 2003. My financial services experience dates back to 1982. From 1982 to 1997 I sold and trained others to sell MANY MILLIONS of Dollars worth of financial products over the phone. I teamed up with Jay Horowitz, who has health insurance specific experience since 1981. I would say the level of my own experience even before you consider that of Jay’s is at a much higher level than that of Mark Hart. My resume follows:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/warrenaroche

MHart wrote: As you said everyone needs to do their homework and determine for themselves what works. Just my 2 cents.

Warren writes: Add $3.73 to that and Mark can buy himself a large vanilla latte at Starbucks (in some locations) J

On 11-15-07 kamp wrote: So has anyone actually used policyshopper and had any success or horror stories?

Just because someone gives you less commission doesn't mean that it's not a good option or alternative. . it seems like they do have a very good support system. I'm not concerned who they are competing with or who they used to be with or what Warren used to do

I just want to hear from people who have or are currently are using policyshopper.com. According to job finders (monster/careerbuilder/indeed etc) the average person that buys into policyshopper and are using them are making well over six figures.

Thanks for any input. And I just added to this rather than starting another thread

Warren writes: Yes, we have many six figure earners. Jay, himself, makes several hundred thousands of dollars per year and as much as $18,000 in any give week. That is who my agents learn from!

On 11-17-07 blaze1x wrote: Can someone explain the scam to me? Yes, you pay $349 initially, but that's for telemarketed leads. You get the money back if you make 16 apps in 60 days. You get 20% commission for Assurant and 18 1/2 for Golden Rule and i'm sure the other contracts are comparable. I am strongly considering joining them by the first of the year once I get a couple of out of state licenses. If you make 5 apps a week they will give you 20 telemarketed leads a week. There's training, etc. Where's the scam and how can you do better by yourself

Warren writes: I couldn’t have said it better myself!!! Why is it that, to some people, when they are asked to make an INVESTMENT in THEMSELVES it must be, ipso facto... AHA... be a scam?

We have a business model. It is for some people and not for others. Case in point. Ehealthinsurance.com has an entirely different business model. They have an approximately 100 man inbound call center in Sacramento, CA, the phones manned by licensed insurance agents. If you work that business model you will have a ZERO marketing expense!!! Ehealthinsurnace has you come into their office and they spend MILLIONS of dollars to make your phone ring off the hook! They will keep you VERY busy as you work under their watchful eye in their captive environment. However, if you are a SUPERSTAR as part of their business model you might make $45,000 a year plus a small bonus. If that works for you, great!!!! You should go do it!!! However, keep in mind, if you wrote the same number of policies under our business model as you might have written with the ehealthinsurance business model, you will make several HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS per year with us, not just 45 grand plus a bonus

On 11-17-07 MHart wrote: I have only been in agent a little over a year. I am fully independent agent in california. It was not wise for me to join them because the only carrier they represent is Assurant health and they are so overpriced I would never get my five telemarketed leads per app submitted. So I did not join them

Warren writes: This is categorically incorrect. We work with Assurant, United Healthcare with both their Golden Rule & Pacifcare products, Best Life & Health, Humana, World Insurance.

MHart continues: If you fill you need support and training on product that you can't learn yourself and like the fact of the leads, advances and so forth then I would say its worth a try.

Warren writes: A forthright statement on Mark’s part. I won’t touch it, except to say if you WANT world class training and support, you will find it at www.policyshopper.com

On 11-19-07 MHart wrote: I would be really hesitant to join anyone that wants you to pay money upfront to join in organization. Anyone rember Mega Life, Primerica, World Financial Group. Those are usually turn and burn outfits

On 11-19-07 arnguy wrote: I agree with you, MHart. Why would anyone want to pay upfront to be able to sell the agency products? I did that with NASE and Primerica when I was a newby----never again

Warren writes: Mark, you should know better. We are not mega-life. I know that mega is where you came from. I, on the other hand, have been around financial services long enough to know that mega is one organization I never would have contracted with in the first place! What are the differences between us and mega-life? Here are two just for starters:

#1 Everyone with my organization is an independent and NOT captive

#2: What is it that you are being asked to pay for? Your first set of leads!!! Why did we decide to require that? What good would it be for someone to sign on with us and have no leads to call? In other words, we have a SYSTEM!!! Let’s call it a “Gun”. What good is a gun with no bullets? We provide you with the “gun”. You just need to buy your own bullets! In any event, if an agent performs even minimally (15 policies placed in the first 60 days) then that initial SELF-INVESMENT is given BACK to the agent. Again, there are other business models with somewhat higher contract levels etc that one could engage in. However, those business models typically leave you entirely on your own to figure it out for yourself. We have... THE GUN!!!!

On 11-30-2007 2112Greg wrote: Paying ANYONE to work for them has to be the dumbest idea on the planet, unless, of course, you're the guy who's getting paid.

Seriously...

Warren writes: Seriously... anyone who thinks they are going to start their own business with a ZERO investment would have to be dumber than a box of ROCKS and, most certainly, destined to fail before they ever began. You don’t “pay to work for” us. We simply have an entrepreneurial business model that requires some self-investment. That model is not for everyone. It may or may not be for you. However, those who succeed with our model can make FAR MORE MONEY than might otherwise be the case using other more “secure” business models that pay salary and bonus etc.

Bottom line: If you find our business model is for you rest assured you will reserve the very best, world class training and ongoing support in the industry. If you would like more information direct from the “horses mouth” please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Warren Roche
[email protected]
www.policyshopper.com
215-701-9045
Yahoo Instant Messenger ID: PolicyShopper1

I personally am not a fan of agents paying fees for anything outside of appointment fees. Agencies make money off overrides and my feeling is it should end there. "Training and support" is something agencies should be providing to their agents in return for an override. However, agency owners see quickly that they have to train a lot of people to get a few to write. So how can they make money off people who don't write? Easy - charge fees. This is not ethical or unethical - it's simply one business model.

Agents should shop around to find the best deal. There are many large agencies paying top commissions and not only charging no fees but also picking up appointment fees.

Everyone is entitled to create their own program. If I wanted to charge $500 to new agents that's my right to do so. Again, all I'm telling agents is to shop around - call a few different agencies and see who's offering the best deal. After all, if you can get top commission and leads without a fee then why pay a fee?

Everyone is entitled to create their own program. If I wanted to charge $500 to new agents that's my right to do so. Again, all I'm telling agents is to shop around - call a few different agencies and see who's offering the best deal. After all, if you can get top commission and leads without a fee then why pay a fee?
That seems to be the problem. Finding an agency that does both. Do you know of any?

By the way, welcome back Healthagent.

Missed your input, but you do have a good blog, which I meant to email you on.

Back