Anyone Hear of Lincoln Heritage Life?

Great company.

Without unethical agents writing their overpriced policies, many people who replace them regularly would starve.

They have their niche, but not as the company that anyone would use as their first choice. Well, almost anyone.

Rick

If I was you I would knock on doors from 8:30 am till dark, 6 days a week if you have the stamina, and wait and order leads after you get a little cash flow going.

That's good advice, but it sounds like "work" to me :D. Seriously, though, I've found in FE that you can do a fair amount of cold calling with some good success. I just wrote one up from a cold call a few days ago...

It has to be done correctly, but it can be done.

Get a targeted list, decide on a small group (200 people or so) to market to, send them mail, knock on their door, say your pitch, set appointments for the next day, etc.
I'd never go for the sale off of the first cold-call - you'd have to treat things differently than if you had a lead card.

For the pitch, Introduce yourself, say you are following up on the mailer, bridge the gap by noting how others have been concerned about ensuring their final expenses are taken care of - do they share this concern?, let them know you are making information available tomorrow at certain times, set the appt.

Go to Barnes & Noble, go to the sales section, and buy a book or two on Cold-Calling. Perhaps...perhaps...this will be better than buying all of those leads? Not to say you'd never buy leads later on, but I'd put in some foot work before you go broke even more.

Cold calling is not easy. Read the books and be willing to work. Once you get more money, then you can purchase leads...

That's good advice, but it sounds like "work" to me :D. Seriously, though, I've found in FE that you can do a fair amount of cold calling with some good success. I just wrote one up from a cold call a few days ago...

It has to be done correctly, but it can be done.

Get a targeted list, decide on a small group (200 people or so) to market to, send them mail, knock on their door, say your pitch, set appointments for the next day, etc.
I'd never go for the sale off of the first cold-call - you'd have to treat things differently than if you had a lead card.

For the pitch, Introduce yourself, say you are following up on the mailer, bridge the gap by noting how others have been concerned about ensuring their final expenses are taken care of - do they share this concern?, let them know you are making information available tomorrow at certain times, set the appt.

Go to Barnes & Noble, go to the sales section, and buy a book or two on Cold-Calling. Perhaps...perhaps...this will be better than buying all of those leads? Not to say you'd never buy leads later on, but I'd put in some foot work before you go broke even more.

Cold calling is not easy. Read the books and be willing to work. Once you get more money, then you can purchase leads...

Spot on Scott. It will take persistency, but cold calling still works. Conquer the fear and only a small amount of time will usher in sale after sale.:biggrin:

Lincoln Heritage, regional manager, Tillman Williams, has been a client of ours for many years. Like mentioned above, premiums are higher but so can be commissions on final expense.

Can get you his contact number if you need. He appoints in a very wide range of states.
----------------------
Why make one sale a day instead of six? Get a quality list and get in your car. Drive out in the resort lake sticks, and stay overnight for a few nights at a motel. A 1,000 name quality list can be cheap. My wholesale account is more like $30/thousand, so you find a source for not more than $100. Get off your butt, seniors are waiting for you not for your phone call.

Last edited:
Great advice. I like what I hear. There is hope. Thank you. I just have never seen the door knock be done. "hello my name is matt do you have enough Money or insurance to cover your final expenses"? ?? Thanks

Question about the Lincoln deal. They're out of Phoenix, right?

Well, do you contract direct with Lincoln? Or through an agency?

The only people I have talked to are with Golden Memorial out of California. It's an 80% contract with 2 years to vest.

They told me that they are the ONLY authorized agency to sell Lincoln Heritage through (in AZ, NV, or CA at least).

I'm thinking that's hogwash.

What can you guys tell me?

Question about the Lincoln deal. They're out of Phoenix, right?

Well, do you contract direct with Lincoln? Or through an agency?

The only people I have talked to are with Golden Memorial out of California. It's an 80% contract with 2 years to vest.

They told me that they are the ONLY authorized agency to sell Lincoln Heritage through (in AZ, NV, or CA at least).

I'm thinking that's hogwash.

What can you guys tell me?

Golden Memorial is telling the truth from what I can remember. I think Texas is also under their wing. They probably have 20 agents who write 25k-33k every month.

Back