Anyone Here Sell Insurance for AAA?

scott17201

Expert
Just curious if anyone hear sell insurance for AAA. I just accepted a job with them this week after working on my own past 6 yrs doing life insurance. Just curious how you like it and how good the commissions are?

Re: Anyone Hear Sell Insurance for AAA?

They recruit heavily here. There is apparently a AAA of California, and one from somewhere else, maybe Pennsylvania where you are. Anyhow, there seems to be at least two or more organizations. I cannot recall where they are. Anyway, I have interviewed for the life agent position here, and know a guy who actually took the job, and know another guy whom they made manager. Basically, I guess they set you up in an office, and that office might sell car insurance also, and you are to corss sell the life to the clients who come in the office? I did not like the hours, mandatory Saturdays and all, had to be in the office. If you like office work, it may be good for you. I was more used to driving around, so it wasn't for me.

Id be the only agent in the office. So id be selling life and p&c. The hours arnt bad its mon-fri 9-6. Dont work saturdays. I agree im more out and about. Ive been only my own last 6 yrs and in this economy its just got hard for me. Plus they offere full benefits and a salary plus commission so it was hard to pass up.

No Saturdays? You are the only agent? Does not sound too bad. What do you think? Will a bunch of people come in? how do you get people to come in on appointments? I just went the website, it is AAA Texas for me, here, they are hiring. Says bachelors degree preferred, which I do not have, do they hire anyhow? Let me know how it works.

Last edited:

What will make or break you is how many people walk in the door or call. Do they have a marketing plan to make that happen? Will you have a marketing budget to work with on your own ideas? Are their rates competitive? Will you have quotas for various product lines?

Just food for thought Shelter was replacing the only agent in the county and hired a new one, put him in a new office. The guy was just starting out and seemed new to insurance. He had a life insurance quota that he wasn't meeting, so they took away almost his entire marketing budget. So now he was handicapped in marketing home and auto. Unless he throws his own money in to market, he is sunk. Now you might say he should do that anyway, but it is an employee position, not a business owner position. How many employees invest in their employer's business?

What will make or break you is how many people walk in the door or call. Do they have a marketing plan to make that happen? Will you have a marketing budget to work with on your own ideas? Are their rates competitive? Will you have quotas for various product lines?

Just food for thought Shelter was replacing the only agent in the county and hired a new one, put him in a new office. The guy was just starting out and seemed new to insurance. He had a life insurance quota that he wasn't meeting, so they took away almost his entire marketing budget. So now he was handicapped in marketing home and auto. Unless he throws his own money in to market, he is sunk. Now you might say he should do that anyway, but it is an employee position, not a business owner position. How many employees invest in their employer's business?
Those life quotas kill the P&C guys. No wonder they get irritated at life insurance.

Those life quotas kill the P&C guys. No wonder they get irritated at life insurance.

Quotas are the death of many a thing. The fact there is a quota is self-defeating. The agent would probably sell more life insurance if there was no quota than if there is a quota.

I'm a little confused. Is AAA a captive or independent company, as far as agents?

I was under the impression that they were independent. Never heard of a company with independents setting hours for their agents.???

In CA, AAA is an employee job. Not independent at all. I think in some areas they do allow some independent sales, but not most.

As with all direct writers, they seem to have their good times and bad times, good areas and not so good areas. They will absolutely kick my butt on one client and then stink up the place with the next one. Just depends......

Dan

Back