Anyone Here Sell Insurance for AAA?

Re: Anyone Hear Sell Insurance for AAA?

Its an employee job. Tats why the set hours. Like in this office ill be the only one selling insurance. And that is all lines. The guy im replacing got promoted. The salary is bad its nice getting a base plus commission on everything you sell plus great benefits.

In pa, they have a dept, of motor vehicle contract. If you want to register your auto, you can go their and get it done. They have plenty of foot traffic. But you are chained to a desk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Where in pa are you...

Last edited:

Get ready for your comp plan to change every year. Left AAA in az 2 years ago when they went from a salaried position to hourly...AAA markets pretty heavily and if you are in a branch you will sell policies, but you won't make a bunch of money. And if you start to they will change the comp plan so you don't.

In pa, they have a dept, of motor vehicle contract. If you want to register your auto, you can go their and get it done. They have plenty of foot traffic. But you are chained to a desk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Where in pa are you...

It doesn't matter where in PA he is unless he can go there!:no:

Yeah, I think it is employee job in TX. All our locations here in my town are opened Saturday. You are lucky, I looked in PA, some are closed on Saturday.

I worked for AAA for 9 years, and did pretty well there. It's very different than being an agent just about anywhere else. If you are new to Insurance, it's a great place to learn and grow. If you aren't, then it's not ideal.

Most people are in and out of there in 3 years. Either a) you don't sell much and get canned. or B) You sell alot and realize you could make 3X the money somewhere else.

Every region has his own AAA though. There's AAA California, Auto Club South, Auto Club Group, etc so the news from one if entirely different then the other. Some States work as independents, and some as captive. I beleive in Penn they actually do both.

I'm captive with AAA of Missouri, which is a partnered with Southern California AAA. Like the poster before stated, each AAA is different in how it runs its operation. I have great benefits, come and go as I please, and we have way more foot traffic than most insurance places due to the AAA Membership and travel services. Only down side is all the red tape in regards to personal marketing.

Back