Anyone Here Sell Insurance for AAA?

Re: Anyone Hear Sell Insurance for AAA?

I'm really surprised they let indy's sell it in some states. It's all corporate stores and stuff around here.

We are an independant agency and AAA has been after us for a while to start selling for them. Although I don't know hardly anyone who has AAA for roadside assistance.

It really depends on the strength of the club. AAA of Southern Cal I beleive is the strongest club. They have well staffed and controlled offices are are even connected with the DMV there. In other states it's completely different. If you are a captive in a state that lets them sell Indie you soon learn to HATE the indies, expecially since half the customers just call the branch stores anyway for any kind of service. If you are an indie I don't know why you wouldn't want to sell for them.... the indie contract seemed pretty reasonable (although not as good of commisions as you'd get from some companies)

As for the life, I've been gone for 2+ years now and the life company changed rates every year. Back when I was there the ROP wasa good product at a pretty low rate. But if they weren't making money on it I'm sure they changed it. I know 2 years ago there were rolling out a new UL product that was supposed to be competitive but i have no experience with it. Again in my experiences, their term is very hard to beat. Anything else not so much.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BTW- to the guy in Illinois -

The AAA club in your state (Auto Club Group) just got bought out by AAA South. (the club that has Florida, etc). I'd definately wait on doing with them until they get that settled. The President of AAA Illinois is a pretty good guy though, and competant.

Last edited:

Yes our office has a DMV right on site. They refer us quite a bit of life business.

They defiantly have a sweet spot in az. Good credit, high limits ect.

Run... do not work for AAA especially if you are in Texas. I am in Texas an did work for AAA texas selling their over priced non competitive home an auto insurance. I lasted 4 months and couldn't take it any more. Your manger is does not care about YOU, only your numbers. You need to selol 15 auto and 8 home policies a month plus AAA memberships. The auto and home policies are expensive (UNLESS the prospect is 65 years or older and has a great insurance score) those were the best deals... Thier underwriting guidelines are so ANAL, it still amazes me that some people still buy their insurance.

All homes are inspected before being underwritten for insurance, if the client is in California, good luck with that (brush fire potentials), However I am in Texas, I worked form them and it sucked. Good training but underwriting guidelines are not competitive. Thats for home and auto.

The managers are a pain in the ass and don't care about you. Its only the numbers. If you can't make numbers selling their product which is actually difficult to sell in Texas, then look for something else, because something else is actually better.

I worked in the Irving call center. It sucked, the mangers suck. The biggest problem In had was that EVERY policy I sold ended up getting rated up for a higher premium by underwriting. As such, my voice mail got filled up with pissed off customers for the price increase due to AAA Texas's difficult and un-competitive underwriting criteria.

RUN. Don't work for AAA

Back