Anyone use something like Sales Genie?

I use Sales Genie for both mail and phone, yes it has telephone #'s.

I don't make "follow-up" calls per se after the mailings. Use the phone more for prospecting and selling.

I've developed a very tight list of my target market that actually purchases my lead product (individual health). It is contacted a minimum of once a month by either phone, mail, or email. My goal is to be there when the time is right. When it is, they usually contact me.

After I gain a client with the health insurance, I begin working to cross-sell life and disability coverage. Works very well.

Sure, my target market is self-employed and small business owners. Have every kind from attorneys (I don't prospect for them though) to pest control guys. Micro-business I guess you call it. About a third of my biz is referral based now (and growing).

Here in SE, MI we can access a huge network of libaries online. This includes Refrence USA.

As Somarco mentioned should look into.

Heck, they send the book/materials to my libary for pickup.

NHB_MMA said:
James said:

I don't know how Sales Genie compares, but the customized search was more expensive than the advertised $9.95 per month. $9.95 per month is an awesome deal for basic access to the business market. However, I tried the customized search of people over age 50 in my local zip code that lived in the area for over 5 years (established) for LTC leads and the cost was $150 for 500. Plus, my ideal search would be over age 50 till age 65, as most 85 year-olds cannot afford LTC by that point or are uninsurable, and it did not give me this option. Maybe I chose the wrong plan?

James, how have you used this service for what products and how has it worked for you?

I use it for businesses and it has always done me a good job. To me a 30-50% failure rate is fine, I can eat up a telephone list quickly. If not that I would simply pull out the telephone book or go to the library and use the criss cross books that you'll find in the reference section, which is what I imagine these companies are using to begin with.

I would not reccomend sales genie. I purchased an umlimited data plan for $100 per month and I rarely ever use it but I'm locked in for 12 months. They do not have an early termination option which I would glady use. Just my take...

It looks to me that sales genie uses reference USA databases. I logged onto my library's database from home free and could get the same kind of info that sales genie creates.....for free.

Good info... thnx!!

I can access ReferenceUSA from my home computer with only a library card. Free. Only limit is no more than 20 names at a time (download) but in 30 minutes I can download around 300 names.

I can do residential or business searches.

Some libraries have off-site access. Never hurts to ask.

Back