Anyone Using iPad/Tablet To Replace Paper Day Planners?

I have horrible handwriting. I will often not understand #s I write and run out of space for bullet points and notes. Years ago when my managers gave is planners and insisted we used them I switched to Palm pilots and progressed to treos. I felt lost after my treo broke and didn't want to carry a phone and an outdated pda.

I now use a galaxy 3 and an ipad all synced to outlook. I love the calendar function that allows subject, location and an unlimited note section. I will never use a paper calendar again. at the the office and desk its PC only and away its only Ipad. I love knowing everything is always synced and I'm always aware of my schedule and time.

Galaxy Note 2 is what I'm using, it's great, replaced my iphone and ipad.

There is also a fairly new one from Samsung called the Mega, it's between the size of a Note 2 and a mini-tablet, is a phone, but has no stylus.

I may check on that one, see if it's too big to fit my jeans.

Galaxy Note 2 is what I'm using, it's great, replaced my iphone and ipad.

There is also a fairly new one from Samsung called the Mega, it's between the size of a Note 2 and a mini-tablet, is a phone, but has no stylus.

I may check on that one, see if it's too big to fit my jeans.

You might want to wait for the note 3. Announcing it tomorrow in Berlin. Bigger screen faster awesomer and has a stylus.

My calendar, contacts, and master task list are all online. If I am moving around visiting folks, I will put together a task list in the online system and follow it on my phone. My notes in the field are usually short so I will use my tablet with handwriting recognition. When I get back to my car, I review them to make sure I did not miss anything.

However, when I am in the office, I still put together a daily task list on paper and prioritize accordingly. As I move around the office, I will take notes either on paper just as if I was using a normal Franklin Planner. At the end of the day, I will do the normal end of day review and planning.

Bottom line: Traditional office work still inspires me to go back to paper. But on the road, I am all digital.

What app or process do you use to sync Outlook with your Android? From the research I've done it doesn't seem to be so simple... Thanks

CompanionLink along with DejaOffice is the best I know of. If you're using Outlook 2013 as part of Office 365, Microsoft Exchange will automatically sync most data to your native Android apps. Calendar and Contacts sync fine but Tasks, not so much.

Latest posts

Back