Anyone Work for Ameri-life?

Unless your a CSR or something like that sitting behind a desk and W-2'd then in this business you most definitely work for your self, and I dont understand when prospective agents use the phrase "work for", especially when talking of an MGA/FMO/IMO.

True, some will hold you hostage and nearly skin you alive, treat you like you work for them just without all the bells and whistles. Of those few that are out there I say may they burn in hell, eventually their organization will fall apart, it will become harder and harder to con the few remaining people out there looking to get into this biz.

Amerilife from everything Ive seen is not one of them. Perhaps once upon a time they were, but many IMO;s morph over time. They seem to offer bona fide contracts with street commissions, assist with some lead programs, offer some office support, full range of carriers, what else do you expect? I didn't see any "working for" arrangement, no captivity or exclusivity clause, or that they somehow get in between you and your commissions. I like them, as much as anyone else out there that is reputable etc. Plus they offer a couple of carriers I want and for whom the are near or at the top of the food chain for, my motto is go as high up and direct to the source as you can go when signing a contract.

I see a lot of innuendo on here and negative speech regarding AL, but no specific facts or details to support these claims, so unless I see otherwise Amerilife looks ok to me. But then there are a lot of folks online here who slam MGA's if its not the one they are working with or they represent.. They are all different, and sure there are some really bad ones but the should be pretty obvious by their deeds like - do they expect you to be exclusive, assign your commissions, any have to or cants are a sure sign your going to get screwed sooner or latter, otherwise its all a matter of preference, leads, service, commissions & support. Speaking with Amerilife, I didn't see anything that would scare me away.

It's their captive shops, of which I think there are about 40 of, that people have the problems with. They ruin peoples lives, force them to buy E&O at 70/month charge a desk fee of 50/month, and forced lead program (recycled clients) for 150/month. I think that starts after month 6, and forget trying to leave. They threaten law suits, hold renewals, and bully the people into finding a different career or staying a slave.

It's their captive shops, of which I think there are about 40 of, that people have the problems with. They ruin peoples lives, force them to buy E&O at 70/month charge a desk fee of 50/month, and forced lead program (recycled clients) for 150/month. I think that starts after month 6, and forget trying to leave. They threaten law suits, hold renewals, and bully the people into finding a different career or staying a slave.

agentinsure, these are facts and have been repeated over and over and over by many different posters.

I hope you have a wonderful career with Amerilife. The very least you can do on this thread is be honest about who you are associated with because if you are associated with Amerilife, you are forbidden to contract with anyone else.

Now, tell us, did anyone fall into the fountain during Steak and Beans in March?

Nice to see you Dix, thank you for your factual post.

Last edited:
apparently the must have more than one arrangement available. I called them and got my info for appointments through their independent dist channel and was given the same spiel you get from any typical MGA. No fees, no production requirements, no cut in commissions, just straight out contracts.

Good to know though that they also have a captive side to them, we've all seen that before too from plenty of others.

I was given their number when I reached out to Transamerica/Stonebridge for their medicare supp plans, that what the first number contracting gave me. If you know of another IMO to try Id be interested in hearing more.

Last edited:
apparently the must have more than one arrangement available. I called them and got my info for appointments through their independent dist channel and was given the same spiel you get from any typical MGA. No fees, no production requirements, no cut in commissions, just straight out contracts.

When you say no cut in commissions...what were you offered for the Trans/Stonebridge contract?

When you say no cut in commissions...what were you offered for the Trans/Stonebridge contract?

Depends on the state. I work in two states with different levels but it was 22 and 12 i think in the other state, right in line with everyone else. Then for every half dozen or whatever policies they give a credit on the dm, just like some other mga's do.

Like I said, i called 1*800 transamerica, broker relations, asked them about appts for med supp, and they gave me 2 or 3 mgas, Amerilife was at the top of the list. Thats why I followed up with em, and they were straight up and no hidden surprises, for what I was inquiring of them for, which was nothing more than an appt for stonebridge.trans med supp. They may have and it sounds like they do have other arrangements, which I wasnt looking for and didnt ask about and which might be relevant to what a couple of other posters stated here but as far as direct appt as one can get with trans med supp without coming in the door with huge volume to roll, Amerilife seems to be one of their primary fmo's.

You can Avoid Ameri-life as it is one of the worst company I have dealt with. It makes your retirement planning and tax planning the worse you have ever thought. Please do not contact with them . Their offers are lucrative but it is very messy to follow and regulate.

Amerilife has a captive side and than there is Amerilife Marketing Group. The people who do not know what they are talking about Angel and most others classify it all the same because they know no better. I am sure if you are working with Amerilife Marketing Group you are as independent as anyone else and are with the highest Medicare contracts available with proof of production.

I would not recommend the captive side, but the INDEPENDENT side is the same as most.

Amerilife has a captive side and than there is Amerilife Marketing Group. The people who do not know what they are talking about Angel and most others classify it all the same because they know no better. I am sure if you are working with Amerilife Marketing Group you are as independent as anyone else and are with the highest Medicare contracts available with proof of production.

I would not recommend the captive side, but the INDEPENDENT side is the same as most.

Except for one BIG issue. Despite promises by Amerilife they don't freely release. Even if they agree to release it's such a low priority with them that it can take months, if it happens at all.

So both the indy and captive side suck. What's to recommend them?

Rick

Back